“Our Favourite Indian”

Ranked #67 of 110 Restaurants in Maldon
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Heybridge Tandoori provides authentic Indian cousin. Balti dishes, Mouth watering sea food dishes and desserts inspired by Indian subcontinent. Everything is prepared fresh for your satisfaction.
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is the best Indian I have ever had. We order from them frequently and always receive excellent service and delicious food. Absolutely brilliant every time!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is where Karen & I first met in 2006. We go back every 6 months & the food & service is always spot on

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We live nearby and have been coming here on and off for years. Tucked away in an unassuming corner of a shopping centre it is very much and old style Indian restaurant but was very disappointed with our most recent meal with the family. We went in as it opened at 6pm on a Saturday night with our 2 children (7 and 4). The oldest is a huge curry fan but didn't get to eat her meal. We ordered 3 separate curries all of different strengths but honestly when they came having tried the sauce of each with a naan, it was almost impossible to tell them apart, they obviously use the same base gravy to make the curries meaning they all tasted the same. When my oldest, who loves curry refused to eat most of her chicken curry I tried it and the meat was lamb, I called over the manager to complain to be told that apparently my request for a Medium chicken curry somehow was translated as meat and chicken curry. So there was nothing that they would do, soft drinks come from 2 litre bottles so tasted flat. Disappointing experience and will not rush back, Indian summer just up the road is getting much better reviews at the moment.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very friendly staff,Hannan the manager always makes us feel very welcome and looks after us really well. Food is always excellent and very good quality our favorite dish is the North Indian Lamb which is unique to only the Heybridge Tandoori, Hannan always makes sure this is Vinderloo hot for me as this is a medium dish made with condense milk which is very rich a must try. Very cosy atmosphere good for a romantic meal and always warm have been using this restaurant for the last Eighteen years i think that says it all.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Further to my last review in 2011, we've just been back again and as previously, took the same family back as in my last review. Nothing has changed. Friendly, food excellent, staff extremely courtious - not much more to add, except I don't know what some people find to moan about! Fortunately, that one is outnumbered!