“Nice Stay”

Ranked #2 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Maldon
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have visited this park on a few occasions before and were very pleasantly surprised to find that both sets of toilets & showers have been refurbished this year and were checked and cleaned regularly unlike during previous visits. It's a small park but it has some good features with a quiet seafront location, well stocked shop, take-away and small bar / entertainment complex. All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful and the good experience meant we will come back again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from a six night camping holiday at waterside. It is a small park but there was enough to keep my two children entertained. We stayed on pitch number six which was a nice position as the nearby trees gave good shelter and my children made friends instantly with the other children who were camping. Its a very personable park. All the staff were so friendly which i think made it. The pool and clubhouse are small. The dance floor is a bit bigger than my king size bed!!!! But with a near two year old she couldnt go far, so good for me keeping my eye on her. The entertainment team, geoff, levi and delanie do a great job keeping the kids entertained and they even arranged for sparkle to make an appearance at our tent on our daughter's birthday. they gave her a card, t shirt etc which was a nice touch. And geoff, I wont forget the audience participation, esp my dave's animal impressions to old macdonald had a farm!!!!! Oh some happy holiday memories.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lisa141074
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent 5 days at this holiday park, camping, and enjoyed it from the start! From arivval Staff were lovely and welcomed us nicely. A special shout out too Geoff, Delanie and Levi, the entertainment staff !! Also the bar staff who loved the fact they had to refill or unstick the toys in the 2p machine, alex and lee as most of our holiday time was spent there or having a nice sunbathe on the campsite. I Was lucky enough to watch the illusionist on the Thursday night and spent a couple evenings in the entertainment block which were time well spent. Got some photos with sparky, sparkle and narky, just watch out for Narky - not very well behaved bit cheeky messing up my hair ! Grrrrr ! Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday break and would recommend this park too anyone looking for a nice break ! The beach is just down the end of the campsite and everything was close to each other. We also got offered to leave our camping stuff in the office due to having no vehicle until we were picked up. Thank you for a lovely holiday !! Much appreciated and I hope to be returning in October for the ghost walk !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lucy G
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and it is a great little park but is good if you want a little break away. The shop could do with opening a bit earlier but the food in the cafe was yummy and good value for the money. I think the pre-booked time for the swimming pool is good where it is only small it would be too packed and this way everyone gets a nice go. The entertainment was good the girls n guy really got the children involed which was great with the dances n competions for them and had photo opportunities with the club mascots. The magican last night 8th aug was amazing got the adults and kids involed with some of his acts. the disco bingo was fun too. The playground could do with a little bit of a refurb but was fine for the kids they had fun. We stayed in a gold caravan it was 3 bedrooms and had a bathroom with a loo and also another single loo it was clean tidy and lovely furnished although I didn't find the pillows and covers very nice wasn't that much of a problem tho. It was also nice seeing the rabbits hopping about at night. I would come back to this little park again

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank vicky w
Park R, General Manager at Waterside Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the entertainment and the park. Once again positive feedback this is great news.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just got back from a last minute break (booked it thursday night and went on friday) at Waterside. Although the park is relatively small as previously said, it is great. The staff were very friendly, an hour after we booked in the girl on reception passed by our caravan to check everything was ok for us and we were settling in ok, and if we had any problems. The entertainment was good, the team work really hard and we had a fantastic time joining in the magic show, our four year old girl enjoyed the evening kids entertainment. Being a small park one of the best things is you dont get continually fleeced by your kids for money for rides, games, toys etc as there is not much of them there, sparky's shop was open for about an hour each evening selling flashy lighting up wands etc but that was it. Overall we had a great weekend and would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony R

Firstly thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked into a 2 bed caravan but when we arrived we were welcombed into a 3 bed silver which was perfect. Nice and clean just as expected. Would have like the shop to be open earlier and was disappointed by the pool but apart from that a great park to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. All feedback is invaluable so we can improve.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We arrived home earlier from our caravan holiday at Waterside. We rented an eight birth caravan (No 216 on Redshank Walk) through Park Resorts. On the plus side: the staff are very pleasant and helpful; and the café is amazing value for money, the café and shop are franchised, not run by Waterside, the problem being good pleasant staff on its own doesn’t make a memorable holiday, neither does having to book in advance for a 45 minute dip in a swimming pool. On the downside: when we arrived at the caravan the alarm was still active and the caravan was filthy: the dishes, cutlery pots and pans were also dirty. The bottom line was the caravan had not been prepared (cleaned) for our arrival the dust was so thick it didn’t look as if it had been cleaned or rented out this year, however these problems were sorted, we were offered £30 in vouchers and the little fella (my son) was given a cuddly rabbit as an apology. During the week we noticed a few (very minute) beetle type bugs mainly outside and a few inside the caravan which you would expect on a caravan holiday, the problem being last night the few bugs manifested themselves into an infestation outside and inside the caravan, it was so bad we had to throw away our evening meal due to the bugs getting (jumping) onto our meal before we could eat them. With the reception being closed at 5pm we contacted security who attended offering us fly spray which we could not use due to having a young downs child who has asthma and eczema. Half an hour later, about 21:30, security returned offering us keys to another caravan by then the bugs had mostly gone due to the temperature dropping and as we didn’t want to pack up to move at such a late time so we decided to stay in the caravan expecting the problem had subsided, we then found the bugs (Which I know to be Flea Beetles) were living on the tree outside, it seems they only move away from the tree when the temperature became warmer during the daytime, this morning as the temperature became warmer the Flea Beetles returned so we contacted reception who again offered us a move to another caravan but by time we had moved caravans it would be too late to do anything or go anywhere so we decided to pack up and go home, my concerns we heightened when I was told by the management this was the first time they have had this problem then went on to inform me the bugs come from the rapier crops in nearby fields, I have to wonder/ask how they would know the source of the infestation if it hasn’t happened before? I was also told they have problems with thunder bugs. My research from photographs taken tells me both the Flea Beetle and Thunder Bugs (Flies) are common pests found in corn fields which are in abundance in that area. We were offered a substantial amount of money off a future holiday a Waterside, my response was no thank you we will not be returning after our experience this time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert K
Park R, General Manager at Waterside Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, Robert. I was disappointed to read that you left earlier than planned and apologise that your experience on this occasion was not as you had expected. We do recall your issues which we sincerely apologise for. I am aware that the Holiday Sales Manager and Accommodation Manager came to your accommodation as soon as you reported to us, and a cleaner came and addressed the initial issues. We attempted to find a solution from the insects by offering to move you from the accommodation so you could continue to enjoy your holiday as you would expect to however, you did not wish to at this point. We believe that due to our rural location and the weather we have experienced of late the insects appeared but I can confirm that since your stay we have received no further report of insects from guests who have stayed in the caravan allocated to you. Thank you for complimenting the staff here at Waterside who do work extremely hard and I’m delighted that you found our café amazing value for money. Waterside is in a rural area and advertised as a small leisurely park and our swimming pool is advertised in our Brochure and on our website as a small pool therefore we have a booking system in place to ensure that as many people as possible get to use our facilities. I would like to thank you for acknowledging that we went out of our way to resolve your issues. Once again I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by the insects and wish you many happy holidays in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maldon
The Limes
Le Bouchon Hotel
Le Bouchon Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heybridge
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Martello Beach Holiday Park - Pa...
#15 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Highfield Grange Holiday Park - ...
#12 of 15 in Clacton-on-Sea
The White Horse
The White Horse
#2 of 11 in Maldon

Been to Waterside Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!