“Meal on Chirstmas Day”

Intimo-Fresco
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Maldon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: As a family we were proud to rescue this building with our own hands and create this dining venue back in 2008, bringing 25 years of restaurant experience to our beautiful town. Our dedication and hard work has been recognised with several high profile awards over the past few years – we were awarded one of ‘The most romantic venues in Essex’, then runner-up ‘Best Restaurant 2014’ (Essex Food & Drink Awards) and also were announced winner of the ‘Good Food Award 2016’ – to name just three. img_9020Our head chef and family member is constantly striving to offer newly innovated and a la mode dishes for your dining pleasure and we all aim to offer service and hospitality second to none to represent the business we all love. When the sun shines, our large terrace offers a perfect south facing outside dining experience whilst dining parties who prefer a private space can be accommodated in a separate and exclusive dining room all to themselves – at no additional cost. We offer a superb selection of specially selected premium wines to suit all budgets and our homemade breads and desserts have to be tried! Whatever your requirements, be it a romantic meal for two or a large celebration meal, we are all on hand to make it special and go the extra mile. If you care to peruse our menus you’ll observe some super dishes prepared with passion to suit every taste. Every dish and sauce is made from scratch to order, never before, and is therefore totally fresh and even variable to taste. We invite you to try our award winning food at fixed prices by opting for our set menus which unusually contain most of our finest dishes. We even have this option available for Saturday night! So don’t delay; call up and reserve your table and see for yourself what we can do to make your meal a memorable one.
Maldon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meal on Chirstmas Day”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

First off, the service was very good and friendly. The surroundings were pleasant with a relaxed Atmosphere.
The starters were ok to very good. Very good was the Squash soup.
We all had the traditional Turkey meal. This has to be said was poor.
Two servings had to be sent back as they were luke warm. The amount of Turkey was minimal and looked as if it had been cut off a roll or taken from a frozen ready meal. The sprouts were bullet like and tasteless. The sausage was small at about 5cm, but they did have a nice taste. The small roast potatoes were cooked well. The stuffing balls were not.
The puddings were great as was the coffee. The £15 house wine was served cold and the quality was poor.
Not including drinks each food meal was £65 which is not good value!!!!
This is a great shame as we have all previously had good quality diners there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Peter R

• Turkish first
Halstead, United Kingdom
“Nice enough food, attentive service, but a bit expensive!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I went with my family and although the service was attentive I felt it was a little expensive for what it was.
The food was average, but if you'd like more authentic Italian cuisine, maybe visit Prezzo in Maldon?
Surroundings were ok too!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable evening.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We tried this lovely restaurant on a Travelzoo voucher and were very pleased with the whole experience. Waitress was lovely, restaurant, service, etc all good - even the loos were spotless. (Often lets a restaurant down, in my opinion, as you wonder what the kitchen's like if the loo is dirty). Both our starters were very tasty and the pizzas the best we'd tasted in a long time. My partner was impressed with his dessert, but mine.....well, that was a chocolate mousse to die for!!
Unfortunately, we are moving away from the area, but have a feeling we may come back once in a while just as an excuse to visit Intimo-Fresco.

1 Thank andrea t
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our party of 7 visited intimo for my birthday, myself and my daughters travelled from Sudbury to maldon so we could include my 90 year old mother in the lunch.
We were all very impressed and could not find one fault.
The service was very good, warm welcoming friendly staff who seemed to appear just when you needed them without hovering unnesscarily.
The atmosphere was lovely, beautiful setting and as for the food, perfect! very rarely am I served a meal in a restaurant that is perfectly cooked. Everything was cooked beautifully, not a microwaved or frozen vegetable in sight. I enjoyed every second and would highly recommend intimo and will definatly be returning.

1 Thank Lucindajessop
“Lovely hostess, lovely surroundings, tasty food.....but”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely, lovely hostess, waitress and as it turns out, owner. She is working hard to make this a friendly venue and I cannot knock that. it even had a Christmassy vibe to it already which added to the warmth.

I'd have expected it to have been busier, but didn't understand why it wasn't.

Breads and olives as a starter, you cannot go wrong and I actually enjoyed these.

However, I'm offering these as suggestions for improvement and I hope you take it in the positive way it's intended...

The starter I had of BBQ chicken wings were not as expected. I received two medium sized chicken wings with a side pot of Heinz BBQ sauce, there is no doubting the taste. BBQ sauce is easy to make, so why not make it? Don't use synthetic cheap options. plenty of great BBQ recipes out there.

I had ordered pizza with chillies and a red onion, tomato salad, but this wasn't written down. Hence no chillies appeared on the pizza and were brought, fresh in a bowl after asking. Not really the same effect. We had to also ask for the salad which had been forgotten. So a tip here is please write it down or confirm it with three way communication.

Finally, an Italian restaurant with French music - we didn't understand that at all. it didn't work.

That aside, the food was tasty enough and the sweet was delicious.

I wish you all the success as a family business, you deserve it for the obvious hard work, but just a bit more attention to detail is required.

Visited November 2013