The lodge we stayed in was great, complete with outside decking area, spacious and well specced, which included an outside hot tub, Lodge No 9, next to the large fish pond, it has not rained for a while, which is full of large koi, the resort sits in a valley, adjacent to a golf course, which you cannot see from your lodge. There are quite a few lodges on site, but many are being either built, or enhanced, ours was being lanscaped, the outside grassed area was being seeded, and we had the added attraction of a mini digger with us for most of our stay, I know they have to get the work done, but there was other lodges which could have been attended to, as they were empty, but I suppose at least they did wait until they noticed we were up on a morning before starting work!!, as we also had a lodge adjacent to us which was having their area seeded. It was still relaxing as when you return from visitng an attraction, you settle down into the hot tub while the BBQ heats up.
The swimming pool was excellent, we had it to ourselves most times when we went in. The gym though was VERY small, looks a bit like an afterthought. The staff were friendly though, the receptionist even offered to bring us in one of her own walking books to look through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warren Lodges is an idyllic rural retreat nestling in 360 acres of exquisite countryside and woodland within the Warren Golf and Country Club. Utterly in harmony with a natural environment that includes native grazing deer, this haven of peace and tranquillity unites glorious Constable Country with excellent access to central London in less than an hour - truly the best of both worlds. Design takes centre stage in these carefully considered and beautifully appointed lodges, with plentiful space and superb comfort complemented by windows that maximise the uninterrupted views. Or simply soak up the scenery al fresco from generous decks with sumptuous outdoor hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Warren Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Herbage Park Hotel Maldon
- Warren Lodges Maldon, Essex