Blanco's Hotel & Restaurant
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel(Port Talbot)(Great Value!)
$62
$55
The Twelve Knights(Port Talbot)(Great Value!)
$56
The Grand Hotel(Port Talbot)
$67
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Afan Lodge(Port Talbot)
TripAdvisor
Mountain View B&B(Port Talbot)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstribute nightsister hotelsuperior roomper couplecourse mealwedding partysunday roastgreat nightself servicecan't faultincluding breakfastfunction roomthe ground floorwedding receptionnear futureblack puddingexcellent value for money
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My parents have raved about Blanco's for a while now so today I finally went there with my parents and youngest child for a meal. The Restaurant and Lounge surroundings are very elegantly furnished and decorated with a very friendly feel to the place, it was clean and the staff were very helpful, efficient and friendly.

We were not staying at the hotel, just eating but we could see many deals for people who wish to stay the night with a meal and entertainment at reasonable prices.

We did not book a table (advised) but the staff were very helpful and found us a table. There was what I would consider a long wait for food but the wait was tolerable and was well worth it when the food was served.....the food was astounding. The three adult meals all tasted fresh and were hot when served and the portions were excellent. There is a larger than normal selection of childrens meals available which comes with a dessert. My six year old sons portion was ample for an adult and I had food envy when watching him eat his even though my food was also fantastic!

It is not the cheapest place for food but it certainly is worth the money. Well done Blanco's A* from our family :) Also ample car parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A lovely hotel with an exceptional level of service, everyone really helpful and friendly. Great meal in restaurant on the Friday evening and it was fun sitting in the busy bar with the live music. Great buffet breakfast, again with the loveliest waiting staff. A really friendly welcoming stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Spencer I
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's only once in a while we can all get together as part of the family lives in Crewe so we enjoyed a lovely get-together in this really comfortable venue. On top of this, the service and the food were excellent and it absolutely beats cooking at home. No hassle to park either which makes a pleasant change. Shall definitely visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jean P
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went back to Blanco,s last saturday for an 80,s night cabaret and stay over, i have stayed here many times for these themed nights and yet again had a brilliant time.The food was a help yourself carvery followed by a band and a disco until late,again my room was lovely,,,, no complaints at all, breakfast was buffet which again was very good indeed, for £85 per couple this is truly excellant value, you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else that can compete with this.The staff are all very polite and helpful nothing is too much trouble.we had a great time can,t wait for new years eve.

Room Tip: all the rooms i,ve stayed in have been very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PAUL B
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend in room 12.
Entered the hotel, stood by the front desk waiting to be greeted, NOTHING. I had to initiate conversation and inform them about everything.
The woman was very quiet and rude, seemed like she didn’t care and just wanted to be in bed drowning her sorrows with a tub of ice cream.
Anyways, we were given our key and she pointed to the direction of were the room was. Room was decent for the £50 I paid for one night, large room, nice bathroom and big bed. BUT the bed was ridiculously uncomfortable. They need to upgrade the beds.
Nothing such to say about the room, was a little dated but you get what you pay for.

Was in Wales for a function in the Valley’s. on arrival back to the hotel I went to the bar to get a bottle of water for my room where I was interrogated by the extremely rude bar staff. They didn’t believe I stayed at the hotel even though I had a key card, which I found very offensive. I could tell they just wished they were at home playing with themselves. Very rude, management need to train or sack them.

Port Talbot is a dump, you do escape that when you enter the hotel. The lounge area is pleasant and the entertainment was really good.

Breakfast was basic. Drinks were London prices.

All in all, you get what you pay for but the staff really let this place down. It has the potential to be such a nice little hotel, only if the staff would bother to care.

Management really need to sort this, I really feel I should complain in and ask for some form of reimbursement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple