“Fabulous walks. Fantastic if you get to see the deer. This time I didn't but normally I do.”
Review of Margam Park

Margam Park
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Port Talbot
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Margam House is beautiful to look at. There are a few rooms you can look at, but the grounds are well worth a visit. Looks like Horse Chestnuts are in abundance this year as well as Blackberries and Elderberries although the birds appear to be feasting out on them. Can't say I disliked anything, just disappointed I didn't see any Deer this time. Did see a couple of Swans though.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
uk
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Things are not open to the public”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went today to take some photos. The Orangery is closed due to a wedding on Saturday, the old monastery is closed and fenced off due to building work and the main building is closed I guess for Dr Who filming. If I was told at the gate I wouldn't have paid to go in, a waste of time and money.

1 Thank huntmj
Manchester
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“CBeebies world”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

IT was fantastic, i attended here and there was a massive cbeebies day out going on, it was free entry and just incredible.

the surrounding area from this had amazing sites and lots of trees and lakes, would be amazing for young children.

i enjoyed relaxing here.

Visited August 2013
CARDIFF, WALES
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Should Have Been Much Better”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Visited on a Saturday in early September after reading the Parks Website. First disappointment was that the narrow gauge railway has stopped running until Easter, no mention of that on the website! Lots of building work going on and the Castle was closed. Trying to make the best of it we visited the in-house cafe just before 2pm to find that the only food left was a dried up roll or small packets of dried up chips! We weren't impressed so went to the other cafe which is open until 3pm, only to find, at 2.25 pm that the staff had closed it and were on their way home because business was slow. They had also locked up the visitors toilets. Poor signage and a complete lack of waste bins throughout the park reinforced our impression that we didn't want to stay. Great shame, could be so good.

1 Thank paul o
Pencoed, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good Family Day Out”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I visited Margam Park with my husband and a friends 9 year old daughter. There is no entrance fee, just £4 for the car park. We visited the fairy tale play area which was enjoyed by the 9 year old. The castle was a favourite. But I felt it was in need of some repair and updating. Some of the garden areas are a little neglected and there was some renovation ongoing of the monastery ruins area which were fenced off. The church and main house were very interesting with lots of historical information. There were water sports on the lake and some visitors were cycling. There is a large adventure playground and a farm trail, with many different farm animals, which were happy to be petted. There was also an educational centre with activities for children. The train was running but we did not use it. There was plenty to do to occupy 3-4 hours. The site does also have the Go Ape attraction which incurs an extra fee. To see everything including the different garden areas, this does involve a lot of walking. We took a picnic with us and sat on a bench by the lake, although there are also two cafe's on site. There are large green open areas where you can sit, but there is a shortage of picnic tables, other than for those using the cafe, there are just a few by the adventure playground. Overall it was a great family day out, for very little cost and I would highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2013