“What a great italian!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Ariosto's

L'Ariosto's
Ranked #44 of 77 Restaurants in Port Talbot
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Glasbury-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“What a great italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had booked this as a surprise for my girlfriend as were staying close by after our surf lesson, Table was booked for 8pm but after getting a taxi into town which was closer than expected we were there by 7.40 and this was no problem and they showed us straight to our table. The interior of this place is great, it makes you feel like you are sat outside an old restaurant in Italy!. Once we had sat down the staff asked if we wanted drinks and then bought them over.

After 5 minutes or so we decided what we wanted from the great menu, I had a starter portion of pasta dish with chicken, peppers and a tomato sauce which was lovely. My girlfriend had the funghi alla mimi e coco (sautéed mushrooms and spicy sausage with a cream sauce on bread) which she really enjoyed the starts took literally 5 minutes after ordering.

For the mains I chose the Pizza Carne which was spicy chicken, ham, pepperoni and spicy sausage, the pizza was amazing! My girlfriend ordered the carbonara which is her usual choice so has a lot to live up too! she really enjoyed it too. the mains only took around 15 Minutes after the starts to appear which was great service.

To be honest after the mains we were both pretty full so shared a lemon sorbet for pudding which again was very tasty.

After the meal we wanted another drink so we asked if we could go out to the alfresco area as it was quite mild, I offered to leave my card as we could of easily run off but they declined and showed us out . outside was a nice area too with plenty of seating and lighting with a large roof incase it rained.

Upon paying I was pleasantly surprised, we had had 2 starters, 2 mains, a dessert, 2 large roses and 3 bottles of beer and it came to £50!!

All in all a wonderful restaurant which doesn't break the bank!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Extremetoad

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Beautiful food, excellent service, lovely eatery within Port Talbot, lovely italian themed room & music, next to the grand hotel which is a lovely venue for bands & older disco

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gemma M
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited for the first time last night for a meal for 2 and had a fabulous meal. We couldnt fault anything! The service was excellent, food stunning and will definitely be booking again. Only fault maybe, the service was too quick and had finished a 3 course meal and home within 1 hour...didnt have enough time between courses to sit and relax enjoying the atmosphere. The bill was very reasonable. Have been to the Cardiff restaurant a few times and rate it the same. Will be back for sure x

• Visited May 2013
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've been to giovanni's a few times and every time it's been fantastic,the food is amazing and I'm actually going there again tomorrow,I've asked for some osso buco which they have got in especially for me .

• Visited March 2013
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Lovely Meal for 2”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was the first time at Giovannis, service was excellent, good range of food, so nice we had three courses. I had lasagne which tasted wonderful and my husband had the salmon which was also lovely and came with a nice range of vegetables. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013