“Touch of finesse”

Trellis Vintage Patisserie
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Touch of finesse”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely patisserie. Staff very attentive. Spotlessly clean. I did not mind the prices. It's wonderful to have more upmarket place to eat. Too many greasy spoons in NPT. It's little gem in the middle of a very run down town. Back to the food. It was freshly prepared. Very well presented and excellent value for money. They also offer chocolate indulgent teas(booking required). Excellent idea for girly afternoon tea and catch and catch. nice to be indulgent now and then. Very peaceful lovely calming atmosphere. Comfortable... Definitely very me place to go. Touch of finesse at last....will definately be returning and going to book the indulgent tea and treat my daughters and my mum.

Visited April 2013

Neath, United Kingdom
“what a disappointing and embarassing experience!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was recommended by a friend to visit Trellis. I was expecting great things as I have purchased many celebration cakes from their other business.How wrong I was! The whole experience was embarrassing and disappointing,
My daughter and I decided to call enroute from bridgend on Saturday 13/4/13, at 2pm. we were welcomed and treated well initially, our order was taken by a helpful waitress, within a few minutes a gentleman appeared from the kitchen infoming me my beef/horseradish Panini was unavailable due to lack of beef!, my second choice was a brie/cranberry Panini, 5 minutes later he reappeared informing me there was no brie available, slightly jaded I ordered the same as my daughter a smoked salmon /cream cheese bagel, I was amazed to see this man appear at our table informing me of no bagels left!!!! just enough for my daughter, by this stage I was exasperated, He did offer anything on the menu free of charge for myself, however bearing in mind the menu only had about six choices I declined ,
My daughter received her snack which was ok, and only then did this gentleman from trellis offered "should he go out to Tesco, to get food" .having eaten in many establishments over the years I would have thought that maybe popping out to replenish their stocks whilst the order had been taken and NOT informing the clients after serving my daughter with her meal (should he go to Tesco)was both so unprofessional and obtuse!!!.I suggested to him to delete specials on the board when they couldn't supply.He made some feeble excuse about how previous staff had not stocked kitchen prior to him working, unbelievable and embarrassing experience all round I would say!!
I work for a large department in the public sector and WILL NOT be recommending this establishment to anybody im afraid!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank menna50
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thar's Amore”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

All I can say is a lil bit of France came to Port Talbot and it's lovely. With the wonderful staff, relaxing atmosphere and delicious coffee and food, not to mention how wonderfully clean everything is.. I highly recommend this place!

1 Thank ThatOneGrl
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“nice little treat”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Visited this place a couple of times and its lush, the decor is fab the service and presentation of the staff is very professional almost butler like. The price is probable a little too high its not somewhere I can afford to go all the time and I was disappointed once when I didn't have any discount on 2 take away desserts. The desserts are lush lush lush so I don't begrudge allowing myself to indulge every once in a while.

• Visited October 2012
south wales
“fab little place”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

popped in for a coffe sat for the first time i only had a tea but hubby had a omellette, must say it was fab the food was great and plentyful the waitress offered us more water for our teapot wich most places dont do that. wae so impessed with the place i want a vintage party there for my 50th birthday im sure it will be fab. well done for bringing this fab place to port talbot.

• Visited November 2012