“What a truly fantastic night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Port Talbot
Cardiff, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a truly fantastic night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what an evening. We met
In the prince of wales for dinner followed by a talk from the landlord about his ghostly experiences since taking over the pub. We then left for margam park, arrived and jim started his tour of the grounds and then we entered the house. Very spooky and lots of unexplained noises and sounds. Well worth the £20 and I can't wait to go again. Well done Jim!

1 Thank GNC1971

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A jam-packed night of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The trip my husband & I went on was a special version of the regular ghost walk, as it included a meal & talk at the Prince Of Wales pub in Kenfig. I chose the vegetarian option which was ratatouille with large, old fashioned potatoes; the ones you used to get at school. The tasty food was served piping hot & the darkened atmosphere in the upstairs room at the pub very very authentic & you could imagine being back in time a few hundred years. There was a slideshow & background music to get us all in the 'creepy' mood. After the informative talk & meal we drove to Margam Park (clear directions were written out on paper). We were then given a briefing of what was going to happen next. Everything was clearly explained; the group leader was audible & we had no problem hearing him without a microphone. Firstly we walked to the old abbey ruins as it became twilight. The full moon was shining (a good date to chose this event on a full moon!), & the atmosphere was perfect to listen to ghost stories. Not your traditional fairy tale type of stories, but descriptions of peoples' past experiences with a lot of history backing the tales up. As it got darker I got a few heebie-jeebies while my imagination took over! We had time to take photos after the leader had finished his talks in each area. Then we walked up the long drive towards the castle. We were given more historical stories before we went inside, & also when we were inside. The event was £20 per person, including the food. I feel that this was excellent value for money, & I am definitely planning on going on another walk to a different place with the same leader.

1 Thank asdajohnlover
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Food and Fear”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My cousin and i went on the inauguaral Margan Park Ghost Walk special. This consisted of a visit to the Prince of Wales pub in Kenfig for food and ghost stories and then onto Margam Park for the ghost walk proper.

This was one of the best evenings that i have had in such a long time. The Prince of Wales pub is a delightful historic place that served excellent food. Lamb Stew - yummmmm. The landlard being a character who told the most amsuing and scary stories. The fodd was served in the upstairs dining room that had once been a courthouse, hospital, mortuary, sunday school. The atmosphere was brilliant and the story telling fun.

The walk in Margam Park was suitably atmospheric but well scary in the house itself and i will say no more of this - but just that if you get the chance to go - take it as i am sure that the places will sell out quickly. I for one will be going again.

Jim is a great story teller. He is meticulous in his logisitics regarding the health & safety of the group. And a really nice guy. This is a great addition to his Llandaff ghost walks and certainly hope that he can think of another place to go.

Excellent value for money and great entertainment.

2 Thank DuchessSarah_1
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was my first time going on the walk, or any kind of ghost walk for that matter. I decided to take my girlfriend just for something fun to do. Although I admit, I am skeptical about ghosts, I found the opportunity to let your imagination wander with the possibility of seeing/hearing things that can't easily be explained to be both exciting and spooky! Jim the tour guide was very friendly, knowledgable and an excellent story teller, keeping the group captivated at all times. It was great to learn about the dark history of such a local area which I have been visiting from a young age. The stories told by Jim along with the spookiness of the buildings at night led to a very fascinating experience, one which I would love to do again some time soon!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank 19Tom_J90
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I took my sister-in-law to this walk on the 20/3/13, didnt really know what to expect... The guide was very well organised and the people where friendly...
I found it very interesting from start to finish and id defo go again, my sistet-in-law on the other hand my not haha reccomened to anyone even the scared.
Fantastic thank you !!

2 Thank Rhianharris1983

Been to The Margam Ghost Walk? Share your experiences!