“Food and Fear”

The Margam Ghost Walk
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Port Talbot
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My cousin and i went on the inauguaral Margan Park Ghost Walk special. This consisted of a visit to the Prince of Wales pub in Kenfig for food and ghost stories and then onto Margam Park for the ghost walk proper.

This was one of the best evenings that i have had in such a long time. The Prince of Wales pub is a delightful historic place that served excellent food. Lamb Stew - yummmmm. The landlard being a character who told the most amsuing and scary stories. The fodd was served in the upstairs dining room that had once been a courthouse, hospital, mortuary, sunday school. The atmosphere was brilliant and the story telling fun.

The walk in Margam Park was suitably atmospheric but well scary in the house itself and i will say no more of this - but just that if you get the chance to go - take it as i am sure that the places will sell out quickly. I for one will be going again.

Jim is a great story teller. He is meticulous in his logisitics regarding the health & safety of the group. And a really nice guy. This is a great addition to his Llandaff ghost walks and certainly hope that he can think of another place to go.

Excellent value for money and great entertainment.

3  Thank DuchessSarah_1
in 2 reviews
"grounds"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was my first time going on the walk, or any kind of ghost walk for that matter. I decided to take my girlfriend just for something fun to do. Although I admit, I am skeptical about ghosts, I found the opportunity to let your imagination wander with the possibility of seeing/hearing things that can't easily be explained to be both exciting and spooky! Jim the tour guide was very friendly, knowledgable and an excellent story teller, keeping the group captivated at all times. It was great to learn about the dark history of such a local area which I have been visiting from a young age. The stories told by Jim along with the spookiness of the buildings at night led to a very fascinating experience, one which I would love to do again some time soon!

3  Thank 19Tom_J90
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I took my sister-in-law to this walk on the 20/3/13, didnt really know what to expect... The guide was very well organised and the people where friendly...
I found it very interesting from start to finish and id defo go again, my sistet-in-law on the other hand my not haha reccomened to anyone even the scared.
Fantastic thank you !!

3  Thank Rhianharris1983
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Superb experience! Very well organised! Guides of the tour very helpful and so knowledgable, we were gripped from start to finish. Already recommended this activity to all of my friends and family. Unique and memorable experience, thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you!

3  Thank 932Rachel932
See more reviews
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a ghost tour last night for my birthday, had the whole park just for me and my friends, it was really enjoyable, would recommend to others, Jim was fantastic, knew his history, catered to all our needs, easy to get along with, also the food in the prince of Wales pub, it was outstanding, friendly people, would recommend to all to visit the little haunted pub, over all a great night, spooky, just what I wanted-thank you Jim-Amy and friends :)

3  Thank Amyloburgess

Been to The Margam Ghost Walk? Share your experiences!