“Don't dismiss this lovely hotel”

Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Talbot
Reviewed March 24, 2013

In the 37 years I have lived here, I have never been inside this hotel. My boyfriend and I booked a seaview room here last week and was pleasantly surprised. The reception area was beautiful and staff extremely friendly. We stayed on the top floor and did have the seaview but unfortunately had a big bulk of the building blocking the Swansea/Mumbles view which really is the best part of the view. The room was nice but couldnt figure out why the curtains on one side of the window were pulled over to the side wall and tucked behind the tv which was situated on the wall? Very odd. The light swtiches totally had a mind of their own and switch on different lights every single time we flicked them, sometimes they wouldnt come on at all! The bathroom looked very clean but had an awful urine smell which prevented me from taking a shower as it was so strong. My boyfriend did shower though and said the water was going from hot to cold throughout. The bed was really comfy but the pillows I found were really hard.
Breakfast was ok. The sausages were horrendous. They seemed like the cheapest sausages you could buy.

So even though there are negatives here, they are only minor and our overall stay was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 20, 2013

From the approach the exterior looks very tired and drab, poor quality carpark surface and the building itself is very dated........However on entering, what a difference! modern clean and spacious lobby. front desk staff were extremely polite. our room had a nice modern decor to it and was a good size. next morning the inhouse restaurant served us a very delicious cooked breakfast. All in all a definate hotel to return to!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank illusiveTV
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for a dancing weekend. Loved the warm Welsh welcome at reception. They were busy with a large group that couldn't seem to make up their minds. However as soon as we moved to the desk we were sorted out.
A well decorated clean reception bar area had an amazing glitter floor. The interior of the hotel is really nice compared to the out dated exterior.
Our room 210 was spotless comfy wand warm (it was cold outside) a big TV and plenty of room. made for a very pleasant stay.
In the restaraunt the food was hot and tasty. It was served by some of the most courteous staff we have encountered on our many travels. Thank you all, you made our stay very enjoyable.
The Ballroom has to be seen to be believed. An amazing dance floor and nice surroundings made for an excelent dance weekend. Bar staff were very helpful and once again very courteous. Bar prices were reasonable Pint of Stella £3 . 40 Bottle of house Chardonay £14 .00 not bad at all. Thank you everyone a nice weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

had a wonderful set lunch the food was wonderful.we booked here for my sister in laws 50th birthday.i even have a fuzzy teen that wouldnt only eat chips and onion rings the waiter even manged to get rgis for us as well which was wonderful i would go back and have another meal there

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donna m
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few months, while working in the area. All the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I did experience occasional problems with the WiFi but the hotel staff were more than willing to let me check my emails etc from their office. The breakfast and room service were both great and the view of the sea /beach amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

we got married in this wonderful hotel.. the service was brilliant must admit looks like a block of flats from the out side but inside is to die for.. having r blessing reception there in may this year.. the room prices r really good would recommend a stay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Twice I booked this hotel through Expedia. Booked bed and break fast as it sounded reasonable price. You are expected to pay at the time of your check out . I booked for family ie adults and kids. When I went to settle the bill I was asked to pay extra for my kid's breakfast !! Second time I made sure through expedia that the price is for bed and breakfast . Then I had to waste my time and money on the phone to expedia to sort it out. So be careful

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Oxwich
The BlueBell Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
#1 of 3 in Neath

Been to Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!