“lunch”

Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Talbot
Reviewed March 9, 2013

had a wonderful set lunch the food was wonderful.we booked here for my sister in laws 50th birthday.i even have a fuzzy teen that wouldnt only eat chips and onion rings the waiter even manged to get rgis for us as well which was wonderful i would go back and have another meal there

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank donna m

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last few months, while working in the area. All the staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I did experience occasional problems with the WiFi but the hotel staff were more than willing to let me check my emails etc from their office. The breakfast and room service were both great and the view of the sea /beach amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

we got married in this wonderful hotel.. the service was brilliant must admit looks like a block of flats from the out side but inside is to die for.. having r blessing reception there in may this year.. the room prices r really good would recommend a stay

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Twice I booked this hotel through Expedia. Booked bed and break fast as it sounded reasonable price. You are expected to pay at the time of your check out . I booked for family ie adults and kids. When I went to settle the bill I was asked to pay extra for my kid's breakfast !! Second time I made sure through expedia that the price is for bed and breakfast . Then I had to waste my time and money on the phone to expedia to sort it out. So be careful

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank V T
Reviewed February 13, 2013

On arrival the check in was friendly, maybe that was to lull me into a false sense of security.
Once i got to my room i tried to access the wifi, checked the hotel information pack and it said to look for 1 of 3 different connection names, which i found but the booklet didn’t give me the password! Why not include that in your welcome pack?
I tried to ring reception to get this password but couldn’t get through on more than 1 occasion, and this was only to be the start of my problems!
I thought to myself, get a shower and go down stairs, then you can ask for the password, well after moving the shower curtain i noticed the bath was full of pubic hairs, again i tried to ring reception a few more times with no luck! Just to have a shower i had to rinse the bath out? I have photos which i can forward! Let’s not even speak about the toilet, after lifting the lid i can’t describe the urine stains that were there!
Still my night was to get worse! After going downstairs and telling the reception staff about my disgusting finds and asking to speak to a manager i was met with an apology and the offer of a free “pint”
I then for my dinner ordered a jacket potato (advertised in the bar menu with a choice of 2 toppings) with chilli-con-carne and cheese, after a wait of 10-15 minutes the food came, and upon inspection i couldn’t find the chilli-con-carne at all! I showed my meal to the bar staff who said she would sort it out!
By this time i had literally given up on getting any pleasure from my visit so i told the bar maid i didn’t want a replacement, but again i was offered a free pint!
I wonder if all the complaints were met with a free pint, could you afford the bar bill?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank paul s
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just left after a 2 night stay. (2 adults 8yr old daughter + of course the woofer as its a dog friendly hotel) 2nd time for us..don't be put off by reviews saying about external look of hotel. Inside its spacious/clean + rooms are great size. swimming pool is warm/sauna even warmed ha ha! spa pool. All included for free. Towels provided free.

Food is perfect. Rare to find a chef who thinks about kids + preps theirs first so yours is hot but kids don't burn mouth!!

Children's prices are super £4 full Welsh breakfast.

Adults £11 cooked brekkie but you can also help yourself to cereals/toast/juices etc etc.

Room service was excellent.. No room tray charge like elsewhere. Prices cheap. And can bring anything from bar or restaurant menu to you.

We ate from bar menu one night. £9 average cost +children approx £4. They eat of adult menu choices + portions large. Drinks sensibly priced too.

Beach easily reached. Less than 5min stroll. Dogs welcome everywhere off season.

Water park 10 min drive away at Lc2 in swansea is a must if you have children. Water slides/lazy river/area for little ones/soft play area well.

Neros restaurant is lovely + will do a takeout on burger/pizza meals.

Spar shop at back of hotel if need anything.

Recommend visiting gnoll country park in neath £1 parking fee. Massive play parks/feed ducks/woodland walk. Great for kids + dogs

Def going back.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Carla S
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here overnight on business. £70 for a double room for one including full breakfast. The hotel resides in a rather grim area - as I arrived local urchins were attempting to scale the fences that surround the car park and the outside of the hotel was looking a little tired. However things improved with a pleasant greeting from the receptionist and the smart surroundings of the ground floor bar and restaurant.

I was roomed on the 2nd floor. I wondered if there had been some flood damage due to quite a bit of staining on the corridor carpets.Bedroom was quite large but again, overdue a bit of TLC.... however, the bathroom was in much better nick and looked as though it had been fairly recently refurbished.

I had dinner in the restaurant (mainly because I saw few alternatives on my drive to the hotel).
Food was OK but nothing special considering the prices. Cheapest non-veggie main was £15.50 - steep on my very limited expenses allowance. I had a very average smoked chicken salad starter (£4.75) and a much better rib-eye steak main (£16.50).Portions not huge.

Nice big telly in the room, usual coffees and teas and a good night's sleep so no complaints there.Breakfast was good. Excellent buffet continental selection and so-so fully cooked. Waiters pleasant and not overly attentive as is sometimes the case.

In conclusion this place did the job but that's all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Oxwich Bay Hotel
Oxwich Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oxwich

Been to Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!