“Definately the place to stay A++++++++++++”

Barn B and B at Ty'n Cellar Farm
Ranked #2 of 7 Port Talbot B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Definately the place to stay A++++++++++++”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Totally agree with past reviews. This is truly a special place, stayed here on numerous occasions over a period of 5 Months and I have to say I looked forward to every visit.
The Barn has been converted to a beautifull standard creating a warm welcoming atmosphere clean warm and cosy .
Perfect hosts, Phil and Barbara go over and above to ensure you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip after booking on late rooms. I phoned ahead as i was going to arrive later than expected and was asked if i would want dinner and Phil offered to book me a table at the local pub which was nice.
when i arrived i was met by Phil in the car park who promptly asked to carry my lugagge and showed me to my room.
The room was a good size, clean, well equipped with a bath.
There is free wifi which was useful as i had little or no phone signal in the barn.
I had a vegetarian breakfast which was okay, the slight negative was my vege sausage was not cooked enough, he apologised and offered to rectify this.
I would stay again if in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tayo I
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I agree with all the comments with regard to the barn B & B.

The proprietors show how it should be done with regard to service, attitude, quality, value and cleanliness, well done.

One little point, not to do with the proprietors, which caused me a problem, is at the present time the railway bridge adjacent to the Barn is closed to road traffic. So if you are coming from the Swansea direction you end up with a big and confusing detour, so make sure you have a detailed map available. Which I did not, my fault.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Neufahrn bei Freising, Deutschland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights to start my Wales roundtrip. Good location for Cardiff and Swansea, close to motorway M4. Bedrooms located in separated part of the listed 16th century building. Thick walls and new windows lead to a good room climate and put the noise of the motorway in the far distance. Good size for British rooms, even for the single room I had. Beds soft and you sleep well on them. The hearty and delicious breakfast is served in the "farm house" part that is lovely decorated. Last but not least, very friendly couple run this B&B, always good for interesting talks discussions about everything. For children: they have chicken, cats and dogs on the premise, funny to watch. They also sell homemade (and selfmade) delicious jam or chunteys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1975Kenny2
Aberystwyth
Reviewed November 29, 2011

What a nice place to stay when you are on the road, driving 7.5 tons of truck and Theatre Set. After my arrival I broke the news that I wouldn't be back for my second night till around 1am in the morning after a Theatre 'Get Out' - no problem. Got in quietly had a great shower in the sparkling bathroom and fell into bed with a cup of hot tea. 'Slept like a Log', very comfortable mattress, quiet room in a very tastefully done up old barn. Stone exposed, some 'arrow' slit windows, character but not overdone. A fantastic full welsh breakfast set me up for the day at 7.30am. I was able to arrange to come again the following week arriving after midnight and letting myself in. I had chose this B&B for its closeness to the M4 which I was having to traverse, and it was great, pretty simple to get to but not so close you would be bothered by traffic noise. NB. there is a low bridge on one route to it, I was okay fully loaded but probably would have got stuck empty!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed here on a visit to the UK before getting the Swansea - Cork ferry back home and will be a regular in future. It's in an ideal location with very helpful hosts who made us feel right at home. Nothing was too much. Breakfast was a real treat, the personal touch you get here really makes you feel welcome and we were at the ferry in no time!
Fabulous beaches and walks in the locality too, glad we took the time to look around Wales before coming back home.
There should be more places like this!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Ibis Swansea
Ibis Swansea
#4 of 22 in Swansea
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4

Been to Barn B and B at Ty'n Cellar Farm? Share your experiences!