“Fab ice cream - Rude staff!”
Review of cafe remo's

cafe remo's
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Port Talbot
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run cafe`, coffeeshop, restaurant, and icecream parlour. 100 seats inside 100 outside, fantastic beachfront location with spectacular sunsets on a daily basis.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This could be such a lovely place to relax, watch the sea and eat, BUT (yes, it is a big but), having asked for an umbrella to be opened up over our table on a scorchingly hot day, only to be told it was too much effort and we would have to share a shaded table with other people or "suffer" (yes, those were his exact words!) our family will never eat here again.

2  Thank GJSWales
Francochips, Owner at cafe remo's, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I am really sorry you took my remarks so seriously. To open the parasols with winter covers on, requires 2 members of staff, a 20 foot ladder and a considerable amount of time. I suggested you could share one of the other 8 tables under the 2 open parasols, you said you'd rather not share. At this time I thought everthing was fine and the atmosphere was jolly, so I, in a light hearted manner, commented that if you did'nt want to share then suffer. I am very sorry I misread your attitude, I meant no disrespect and I am sorry you misread my intentions.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have visited remo's frequently for the past few years. The service and quality of food and drink on offer is fantastic !

The sunset views over Swansea bay are beautiful to see !!

Thank you very much for your fab review. We will continue to put on the sunsets as often as possible.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overpriced food and drinks, especially for the coffees- the foam of their latte was of an almost comical standard. Huge variations throughout.

It's a shame that Me Franco has such a monopoly on the seafront. Competition is very much needed.

1  Thank HoldenCaul

I fully agree that Aberavon needs more private investment it can only help the area and employment, lets hope that there are some enterprising people out there.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I called into Remo's with my parents yesterday, and what a pleasant surprise. The food was tasty, hot chocolate the best I have tasted in years, and the service second to none. The place was packed and it was easy to see why. It is well staffed and you are served quickly. Big thanks to Thomas who ensured everything was spot on for us. Also, the owner was at hand which is a rarity in this culture of fast food franchises. Will be visiting here come rain or shine.

2  Thank phillnjackie
Francochips, Owner at cafe remo's, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We always try our very best to ensure everything is as perfect as can be so we all thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

food is great, scenery right on the beach front, tea cakes are fantastic.
atmosphere friendly
staff friendly and helpful
great for a cuppa break or meal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, it means so much to all of us here that all our efforts are appreciated.