“Lean forward, paddle hard :-)”
Review of Paddle Patagonia

Paddle Patagonia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paddle Patagonia offers customized whitewater adventure trips by kayak, canoe or raft as well as paddling and whitewater rescue courses in Argentina and Chile.
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lean forward, paddle hard :-)”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For someone who had only just taken her first few paddle strokes in the quiet waters of Copenhagen, ending a holiday in Argentina on a paddling trip with a group of kayakers does not seem like the obvious choice. My boyfriend was joining "Rivers of Patagonia ll-lll, and as I didn't have the paddling skills to come on the trip I signed up for the "non paddlers option".... Prior to our departure to Argentina everything was carefully planned not least thanks to Katie, who helped us out with any queries and questions. Upon arrival at La Confluencia I immediately loved it and the people there. -Very fortunate seeing that I (we) were spending a full week with the people :-) Although I was signed up for "non paddlers option" I came along the kayakers on 3 of the days in a ducky (inflatable kayak) on the easy rivers. I was rather nervous (putting it mildly) on my first day of paddling. After careful instructions, in the river I went. Soon I would find myself having so much fun and at the same time knowing I was in the best and safest hands! During the other days of the week I went on guided hikes in the beautiful surroundings of the rivers. On one of the days I was meant to go mountain biking, but unfortunately due to too much rain the trip had to be changed, as the tracks would not have been safe for me to ride. An alternative plan was made and laid out for me.They had expected the unexpected. Overall the trip had been carefully planed and carried through "to perfection". The combination of the different lodgings was fantastic as each place had its own special mark. On top of it all, all the guides were amazing. First of all super good and professional at what they were doing, but secondly really cool and friendly people and the cause of MUCH laughter. Icing on the cake was the fact that the other paddlers turned out to be really cool too.
Not even in my wildest dreams had I dared to hope for the amazing experience this trip turned out to be. Had I the opportunity to go again, I would go in a flash! Thank you Katie & Julian for organizing a FANTASTIC trip and thank you Fidel and Ezequiel for being such cool guides.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank DK_ALJ

usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“From creeks to enormous water, big fun and adventure”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I heard about Paddle Patagonia from Julian when he taught my kayak course at Madawaska Kanoe Centre in the summer of 2012. He was a skilled instructor and made the class fun. Having spent a week the previous winter in Costa Rica with a Girls At Play kayak trip, I was intrigued with the idea of going even farther south and paddling the rivers in Argentina and Chile.

So I booked a spot in the class II-III trip for December 2012.

I had an awesome time. The trip was beautifully planned and coordinated, communication before and during the trip was clear and helpful, logistics were handled very smoothly.

The only downside for me was entirely out of Katie and Julian's control - I came down with a fever and ear infections. And I would still go again, even WITH the illness, I had such a good time.

The food was delicious and way more tempting than I usually have access to at home, especially at La Confluencia. If I had food like that available in everyday life I would not fit into my boat anymore!

The lodgings were comfortable and convenient, and the rivers were lovely. From the ultra-low-volume Azul to the mighty Futa.

The gear I borrowed (boat and paddle) were just right for my size and skills.

I really enjoyed spending time with the other folks on the trip, as well as the guides, chefs, hosts, and other people who made the experience so much fun.

Katie and Julian are good at tailoring these trips to participants with varied interests. On our trip one of the women had never kayaked before, so on easier rivers she came in an inflatable and at other times went on hikes or explored the region with a guide. I was interested in horseback riding so they arranged a lovely homestay with a local farming family of German immigrants and their teenage daughter as my guide - did that after the river part of the trip as an add-on.

The whole thing was great. I would go back in a heartbeat. And I will, too, before my 5-year visa runs out. I can't wait, especially to get back on the Futa. Wow.

Visited December 2012