“Rude!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Luz de Luna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Bolson
Luz de Luna
Arroyo Grande, California
“Rude!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was my WORST experience EVER as a guest anywhere! The room was adequate and the wifi was strong (which I needed) other than that this place was not for me! It was noisy especially because the female owner of the place yammered away after midnight right outside my window. When I came in with a small bag of food from my dinner she stared to literally yell at me in Spanish
(Which I don't understand) telling me I was not allowed to eat in my room and I could not take the bag to my room! I never heard of such a thing! So, I insisted she keep it cold for me in her refrigerator. Their kite hen is attached to the hotel. It has a big window which she spy's at people and then pounces on them to make sure they follow the rules. They don't take credit cards and insisted on having full payment in pesos up front. The bank machines were broken that day. When I returned from the bank the next day the owners did not greet me or ask me how was my day, they only wanted their money. When I left (3 days earlier than planned) the only thing the owner said was "where's the key." This place is way overpriced too and they charge extra for breakfast which looked like it was only coffee and rolls. Other people seemed to be,okay with the place but after that woman yelled at me and they were so inhospitable in several other ways, I decided to leave to find some more welcoming, deserving place to stay.

Room Tip: DON'T. If you're really stuck....get one upstairs facing the mountain view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed 4 people (two adults and two children) in Luz de la Luna for 3 nights in a beautiful apartment with plenty of space situated in the garden and with fantastic view from the terrasse.

We were so happy to stay there – extremely good value – but what really impressed us was the service when we needed it the most. I had problems with my credit card and asked the hotel owner if I could have a friend wire the payment to his account – and even wire some extra money so we could continue our travel until I had thing sorted out with my own bank. The hotel owner happily agreed and even when the money had not reached his account before the bank was closing he offered to give me the extra money out of his own pocket when the money an hour later hit his account.

I think this is way more than you can expect hence I wrote this – my first – Tripadvisor recommendation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family