La Casona de Odile
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Cumbres Hotel(El Bolson)
$118
$86
Casablanca Hosteria(El Bolson)(Great Value!)
$38
Cabanas El Sauco(El Bolson)
$60
La Escampada(El Bolson)
$100
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Tronador(San Carlos de Bariloche)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Estancia Peuma Hue(San Carlos de Bariloche)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe riverfew daysbreaddaily yogapizzathe kitchenhomemade beerstaff are greatbar restaurantbeautiful gardengreat placeprivate roomstayed longerin townevery hourmicro breweryreading lights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a middle aged backpacking couple my wife and I had three requirements of a hostel. That it be clean, have a double room with an en suite bathroom and be as reasonably priced as possible. This hostel met this and more. I was very impressed with the kitchen and the enthusiasm/helpfulness of the staff. Al positive things mentioned in the reviews are indeed the case. Although the place is a bit difficult to reach the rest make up for any discomford in geting there(if any).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I travelled in South America for 5 months and without doubt this is the best and most comfortable hostal I stayed in. I was recommended to stay here by a friend in Bariloche and Im so glad I took their advise. The setting is beautiful with lavender gardens, hammocks and a river to relax at. Inside is just as nice - a huge open fire in the living room surrounded by seats, great dining area and kitchen. The staff were great and cooked pizzas and other snacks if required. The atmosphere is perfect after a day trekking in beautiful area of El Bolson.
Special mention to the homemade bread and jams at breakfast...amazing! After weeks of the standard white bread rolls and dulce de leche - this was great. Brown bread worth the trip to El Bolson alone :) Gracias

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended this place by the woman running the hostal in Bariloche. It was very nice and peasant and they make their own pizza and have a good selection of local beers and wine, but the owner snidely asked me to be quiet as playing something quietly on my computer in the communal area. This put rather a bitter taste in my mouth as there was one other person there who seemed quite happy and the owner promptly left.

The guy running the place was fantastic and gave good advice on where to go in town, which is not that easily accessible unless you have a car or are prepared to spend a while cycling or waiting for a bus.

I can see that this hostel would be a great place to spend a few days, especially if you're not looking to explore the local area too thoroughly but for passing through it was a bit out of the way.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed here while traveling through Argentina and recommend it to everyone! Cozy cottage with great staff. Enjoyed our room, the homemade beer, the garden and the town.

Room Tip: Private room is recommended.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I had a double room that was huge! We were right above the dining area which could be loud at times, but the room, it´s size, and comfort outweighed occasional noise. The outdoor garden area was beautiful, replete with hammocks. There were plenty of places to sit and relax while smelling the lavender which was planted in large areas. The breakfast was the best we´ve had with home-cooked breads and jams and lots of coffee as well as cereal. The only drawback is that it is outside of town but is easily accessible by a bus that runs all day. Actually, we preferred not to stay in town. Much more relaxing and beautiful at La Casona.

Room Tip: Rooms not above the reception and dining area are probably quieter. Not sure about the dorms. We did not use them.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple