“Great”

Nino's Restaurant And Pizzeria
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in Rawtenstall
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ninos Rawtenstall, founded in 1986, is a Family-run, Authentic, Italian Restaurant. We pride ourselves on Great Service, Fantastic Italian Cuisine and a Gorgeous Venue that will keep you returning time after time...
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

It's been here a very long time. Things have changed over the years, it's bigger, brassier yet the quality of food is still fantastic. Mixed reviews on here but every time we have been its been great.

1  Thank Happyhollidayz

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having looked on tripadvisor I nearly did not bother especially with the rankings. However I went there with my family incuding a two year old and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Just goes to show you cannot go off tripadvisor alone.

1  Thank Brian F
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I can't tell you how many times I've been to this restaurant over the years and always loved it and treated it as a special occasion and something to look forward to. Imagine my disappointment to find some things have changed for the worse.

We had to wait an hour to be seated, which we understood as we didn't know now that you can book a table. But whilst we were waiting and enjoying our pre dinner drinks, the band were testing their equipment and microphones for about half an hour or so, and all we could hear was "testing testing" and the tuneless twanging of guitars which was very irritating.

We eventually sat down to dinner and I ordered the goats cheese tart starter, This was very disappointing, it was basically a piece of pastry with a large chunk of goats cheese on top of it, it definitely hadn't been baked together as a tart. I had lasagne for the main course and it tasted like a boiled heap of creamy minced meat, akin to a school dinner. There was no flavour to it at all, it was very bland and I mentioned this to the waitress who came back to me and said that the chef agreed it was bland and that the lasagne would be removed from the bill.

My partner is a devoted pizza eater and said his pizza was just OK.

Were there any good parts? The wine was very good - a full bodied red, my partner enjoyed his coffee and the service was good, however we will be giving Ninos a miss for a while.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

A long awaited get together for family and friends from across England and US. A very busy Saturday night so lots of atmosphere including a live band. Staff were polite and attentive and food was of good standard

4  Thank Peter T
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Visited ninos rawtenstall on many occasions over the years dating back to when it was just a small shop type venue. Alex has put his heart and soul into developing this venue into a stylish and inviting place to visit. On this occasion I visited with five couples who have all previously visited first sampling many drinks before being shown through to our table . Within the group all manner of food was selected with everyone enjoying their meal and not a single negative comment. As previously stated we are regulars at this restaurant and have seen no discernable drop in the high standards associated with it over the years ,with many long term members of staff along with plenty of youth including the restaurant manager who is very open and receptive to your views. All in all great food, excellent bar entertainment and very pleasant surroundings. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Dragonsben