“Lovely Gardens”

Queens Garden Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eldoret
Queens Garden Hotel
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for a night with my wife in early July. We got the impression that this was a relatively new hotel. We found the staff to be extremely respectful and welcoming. We did not see a dedicated bar area but were instead served our drinks on the lush green gardens where a table was set for us. The room was comfortable, with a clean soft wall to wall carpet and an enormous bathroom. (Eldoret was really cold, a room with tiled floor could have felt very unpleasant). We did not take our dinner at the hotel, but the buffet breakfast was just great. We were pleased with the hotel. We shall go back again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iLaw O

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed there for two nights on bed and breakfast. We held a cocktail event at the venue where we were charged exorbitant prices. They kept us on lock down when we tried to clear our bill which had doubled overnight and was not what we initially agreed. All the front office staff were extremely terrible to us and continued shouting us down no matter how much we tried to remind them of the negotiated contract. I would not recommend this place to anyone for work, pleasure or just passing through. The worst experience I have had in a Kenyan hotel and I travel a lot for my work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in April on a bed and breakfast basis. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom adequate ( couldn't use the bath as there were no taps - in every room I believe - but the shower was satisfactory ).Unfortunatey there was no air conditioning, but as I was visiting during the rainy season, temperatures were not excessively high. Breakfast was excellent - a good selection of local dishes, sausages, bacon etc. as well as cereals, fruit juices, and fresh fruit.
The gardens are a delight, and it was very pleasant sitting outside enjoying the sunshine.
Although the hotel is some yards away from the main highway, the traffic noise was not troublesome.
Over all, I had a very pleasant stay here and will definitely use this hotel on my next visit to Eldoret.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jimboj65
Reviewed March 12, 2013

During february 2013 we stayed at Queens Garden Hotel just outside Eldoret for one night and compared to what I've seen and experienced from other Kenyan Hotels this is not at all bad.

The place is owned by Indian people and is therefore somewhat different than other Kenyan Hotels, but very very clean - which I truly appreciate.

In the room there was an air freshner SO STRONG that we had to take it outside the door to our room! When entering the hallway up to the rooms, you could even smell the "air freshner".

The hotel itself is build in december 2010 and is therefore relative new. It is the only hotel in Kenya I've seen with carpet on the floor, and as it was so new it was really nice, however I can only imagen how it will be in a few years...

Each room have their own balcony and the bathroom is huge, with VERY slippery floor! I have no idea why it is so slippery but I was skating around in the shower. There was plenty of hot water but only a little pressure - and in the bathtube that was in the other end of the bathroom, the water was not connected (see picture)

So, if you take the smelly "air freshner", the slippery dangerous floor, the lack of connecting water in the bathtube and the very tacky interior design away - this is a good place to stay. It's clean and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The credit card machine did't work, so we had to pay in cash, that however could just be that day, I don't know.

In the morning we woke up really early because the car alarms on some of the cars keept going on and off and on and off - when we finally decided to get up, we saw that the staff was washing each and every car by hand, which was why the alarms were going off like crazy.
The idea and thought is really nice, but - first of all it is a terrible noise to be making! Second of all, our car were only a rental car, but had it been our own car and had the staff washed it with a dirty cloth scratching dirt from the tires up on the paint I would have been crazy angry!

In the dining area, where we did't eat the night before but now came to have breakfast, there was 4 different tv's going on, with 3 different programs (no one watching of course) and the staff were not present.

The food was okay, but most of it was servede in old glass bowls from lamps - I was stunned and had to laugh! Perhaps they did't know it, but then again, it's kinda obvious to see (see picture)

All in all, a okay place to stay - I liked it because it is clean, but besides that there's just a lot of weird things and it is not a place you need to spend the weekend or stay for a longer periode of time, despite it looks really international from the outside.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple