“Lovely, during the day”

Ranked #4 of 5 Murano B&B and Inns
Flagstaff
“Lovely, during the day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I got this hotel not knowing Murano was in the vicinity of Venice, so it was about a 10-20 minute boat ride to get anywhere in Venice. The island is small, but it's lovely during the day to walk around and see the local shops. There was this bakery a little old lady ran that had amazing breads and cookies. However, close to sunset, the island shops would close, so we would have to take the boat to Venice to get dinner or do anything.

The hotel rooms were very small, and were okay when it came to comfort. The staff was friendly, and there was a computer to use. The breakfast wasn't good at all. It consisted of some pretty generic stuff, so we just gave up eating it. I wouldn't stay there again, but I'll say I paid for what I got. I would definitely recommend visiting the island though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very nice and in a very quiet location, within walking distance of all Murano's attractions. We preferred to stay here rather than overcrowded Venice - it was like living in a village for the 6 nights we spent here. The room was lovely and immaculately clean.

The reception staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us when we needed to change our train reservations, doing all the phoning, cancelling and rebooking for us. On another occasion they called the local pharmacy for me to check if I needed a prescription for some medication I had forgotten to bring with me.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel itself is fine, we didn't stay in the main hotel we stayed in another building a couple of meters down the road. Room was smallish but very clean and we had a good size immaculate bathroom that looked like it had been refurbished recently. They came in every day & made up the room with clean towels & new toiletries. There was an excellent air con unit and free wifi with a brilliant signal. We didn't have the breakfast but be warned, there is nowhere on Murano to eat breakfast just the odd place that does toasted ham & cheese sandwiches. It completely shuts down after about 7pm so we went back into Venice & got the night boat home. There is NOTHING in Murano. If I go back to Venice I will spend the extra money & stay a bit more centrally!! It was way too quiet for my liking.

• Stayed August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Positive: Is a friendly and quiet place. The recepcionist was very welcoming and helpful. Little pack of Nutella in the breakfast.

Negative: It's a bit far way for the main island (more than 30min to S. Marco, eg, by waterbus). The room smelled a little bit of mildew. The TV was too small and far from the bed. The air conditioning didn't work. The shower water temperature ranged widely between hot and cold. The breakfast was ok, but a little poor - mainly is a small packed breakfast, with packs of toasts and croissants, jam/butter/nuttela, simple and small bread, machine milk/coffee/tea, yogurt (served in a big bowl, taken with a spoon), and cereals. I missed, especially ham and cheese. The island services, resturants, etc... don't stay open at night, and the hotel doesn't have dinner service as well. There's no activity at this time of the year, beyond 19h/20h, in Murano. So the hotel should have some entertainment for its guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank André A
Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in august during a roundtrip in Italy. We used this hotel as a base when visiting Venice. It was 20 minute boat ride from venice, and a few minutes walk to the closest ferry-stop (Museo). That being said, Murano was a lovely alternative to the overcrowded Venice.
The hotel:
We were greated by a friendly hostess which showed us our room. The room was avg size (room 06) with a decent standard, but not newly renovated.

The room:
It had a queen size bed (i believe it was 160cmx200cm). There was a small minibar, a large closet, a window to the street (no noise, even though in ground floor), aircondition with remote, a small tv (~14")

The bathroom:
The bathroom was small, and there was no lid on the toilet, and there was hair on the wall in the shower. The water pressure was not good, and it took quite a while for the water to get hot.

The breakfast:
Two-three types of light bread, croissants
1 type of cheese, two types of ham/salami, diferent jams, nutella,
Milk, two-three types of juice, coffe (coffe machine americano-espresso-chocolate++)

All in all, very satisfied with the stay for a decent price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

First, I love Murano. So I was happy to find this reasonably-priced hotel on the island. The room was fine for one person, and nicely furnished. A Venetian friend told me the decor was "very Venetian!" which I thought amusing. Bathroom was also fine, smallish shower stall, but this is typical and I am not a large person! I had no trouble regulating the water temp as others have mentioned. Amenities were adequate. The bed was obviously two twins pushed together and was not really comfortable, but it was okay. The staff was friendly and professional. I never asked for help, as this was not my first trip to Venice. I would say the only negatives were that my room was full of tiger mosquitoes and I had never been exposed to this variety before! Also, the 5 euro per half hour charged for using an old desktop computer to connect to the Internet was ridiculous, as the connection was so slow that 20 minutes of my 30 was spent waiting for pages to load! They never really did, and I was unable to check email. All in all I would stay here again because for Venice, one honestly cannot do better on the room rate. The time spent back and forth between the Colonna stop on Murano and the historic city center was fine by me, as I loved mixing with the locals and being out on the laguna.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Laurie H
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were 2 couples stayed in the hotel. The rooms were clean and big enough for 2 persons. We had got 2 rooms side by side on the 1st Floor.

Our rooms were 13 and 14. AC in the room was very efficient. Wifi reception was very very poor! Hotel provides nice breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30. Juice/Coffee from the machine was good.

The staff was very helpful. You can ask for all the help you need regarding places, local transport they will help you out. Few hundred meters away from the hotel there is nice restaurant which runs until 22:00 has a nice menu.

Get back to Murano before 20:30 else you well have to take long routes to the Hotel by water buses.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cricketsamya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murano
Cannaregio
Hotel Al Soffiador
#3 of 5 in Murano
Murano Palace
#1 of 5 in Murano

Been to Hotel Conterie? Share your experiences!