“Great Items and Great Customer Service”
Review of B.F. Signoretti

B.F. Signoretti
Ranked #13 of 25 things to do in Murano
Venice, Italy
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Items and Great Customer Service”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had some issues but nothing serious as we worked it out with customer service. Very professional! Purchased a unique piece by one of the masters there and it is sitting in a prominent area of my home for all to see. I have recommended that my friends who are planning their trips to be sure to stop here as they will be able to purchase originals, not copies and they too will enjoy their purchase as well.

Visited May 2014
Elisabetta F, Direttore generale at B.F. Signoretti, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor,com, I am very proud of our customer service, as I believe it is very important to make our clients feel close, like they never left our premise, even if they are thousands of kms far away and longing to receive their glass purchase. My staff is very attentive and takes our clients' requests in the highest consideration, going beyond their way to reply to everyone within an acceptable time frame.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and I hope to personally welcome you at our Factory in the future again.

Sincerely yours,

Los Gatos, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Exquisite glass”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were taken to this factory free of charge in a private water taxi by our hotel/ glass factory as there are pieces from the factory all over the hotel. They are absolutely magnificent (and expensive). I think the factory really caters to Americans. The tour and explanation of glass blowing was very interesting. Of course they want to sell you Murano glass. There was really no pressure and we found the sales people to be extremely nice and non pressuring. We did buy two expensive one of a kind pieces. They we very accommodating and since we spent good money offered us their private boat to take us wherever we wanted. They suggested we go have lunch at Burano. They were not wrong. I have reviewed the restaurant separately. They then picked us up in Burano and took us wherever else we wanted. Very customer friendly I guess when you spend quite a bit. Fun experience and I sensed many who went with us did not buy anything nor did I sense pressure to buy.

Visited June 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Factory on Tripadvisor.com. Considering how hard I work with the staff to provide a professional and friendly service, your kind words are very much appreciated, as they make me think my efforts are not vain.
Looking forward to your next visit, I truly remain.

Sincerely yours,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Beautiful Murano Glass but beware”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Seeing the glassblowing process and buying Murano glass was a "must do" on this second trip to Venice. Took the water taxi arranged by the hotel. The glassblowers and the ovens were so impressive. The showrooms had beautiful things. I found a perfect bowl with vibrant colors for my formal living coffee table. But the price kept changing and in the end I was disappointed because they actually charged my husband more than they had told me. (He was buying it for me for our 40th anniversary.) The piece arrived in perfect shape at our home. But other small charges kept arriving also for duty, etc. And since they were done with us, and we only spent four figures, we had to wait more than 45 minutes for the return water taxi. Next time, I will purchase my Murano in the Seguso shop (another Murano classic) near St Mark's Square like I did the first time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank RAPJJP
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Factory, I am sure your beautiful bowl is an everlasting memory of your experience in Venice. As of the extra costs you incurred in, you possibly refer to duties that are at our consignees' charge, as clearly reported on our order contracts approved by our clients with their signature. We even report our shipping and sales terms in English, so that any kind of misunderstanding can be easily avoided.
I am sorry to read that you had to wait 45 minutes to be taken back to Venice, I can only think that it took you so long because the boats were busy with other customers. I honestly see no other reason why.
I hope you will consider the idea of visiting us again, next time you are in Venice, we would very much love to wash away the sweet-bitter taste of this experience of yours.

Faithfully yours,

Alex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scam”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We were told the hotel taxi was free and we could see the island, etc. but that wasn't true. It's a sales pitch the whole way. The pointed out boxes being shipped to all over the world of their Murano glass and as we were leaving I lifted a box and it seemed only to be filled with paper. Once they knew we were buying anything in the showroom, they hand you off to the "sale merchandise" and try to sell you second rate over priced items.

2 Thank Mary M
Elisabetta F, Direttore generale at B.F. Signoretti, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Referring to your review posted on Tripadvisor.com and concerning your recent tour to our glass factory I would like to stress out that what we offer is a complementary service to the hotels for their clients so that they can come and see our factory in Murano. There is never an obligation to buy but we are a working factory obviously selling its prestigious products. Our glass factory is one of the best in Murano and 80% of our top quality products is exported worldwide.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to our glass factory. Should you come to Venice again, I would be personally glad to invite you for another visit so that you can experience the magic of the glass blowing, hopefully from a different point of view and with a different mood, and I am sure that you will appreciate our reliability and courtesy.
Lewes, Delaware
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 373 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Introduction to Murano Glass”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Murano is world famous for its artistry in glass, so we planned to visit the island using a public water bus. On the day of our planned visit, our hotel staff advised us that a private water taxi would be stopping at our hotel to take anyone interested, free of charge, to a glass factory in Murano. We gladly accepted, and were taken with others to the Signoretti glass factory on the island.

Our visit began with a tour of a Signoretti production facility where tour leaders (sales personnel) explained to small groups how glass is made from silica, sodium carbonate, lime and other chemical components; which chemical additives give the glass its variety of beautiful colors; and what was happening as skilled glass workers demonstrated how the glass is heated in furnaces and shaped into components of decorative vases, chandeliers, sculptures, mirrors, etc. It was plain to see the skill and experience required by these workers, and the difficulty of the work, not the least because of the extreme heat that the workers experienced as they melted the glass in the open furnaces and shaped it nearby.

From the production area, the tour moved to exhibit rooms where the remarkably complex and beautiful work of Signoretti artists was displayed for sale. Of course the purpose of all of this was to encourage purchases, but neither my wife, nor I, nor our two companions felt any pressure to buy. Gentle encouragement, yes, pressure, no. Truly, the exquisitely beautiful glass objects sell themselves, but everything is quite expensive.

When the presentation was completed the water taxi arrived to drop off a new group, and to return our group to Venice. We pointed out that we wanted to remain to see more of Murano, and we were told that we must go back to Venice in Signoretti's private water taxi, and return to Murano via the water bus, if we wished to do so. It was obvious that they didn't want us exposed to the other glass shops that abound on Murano.

Visited May 2014
Elisabetta F, Direttore generale at B.F. Signoretti, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Visitor,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Factory on Tripadvisor.com.
I am so glad to read that you perfectly caught the sweat, the hard work and the efforts standing behind every glass artefact.

Your words confirm, once again, that the feeling of being “pressured” into buying anything is utterly personal and not universally recognised by all the visitors.

As far as the water taxi is concerned, you might have wanted to visit “Burano” after (which is the next island, the one famous for the colourful houses, the lace and the fish). For logistic reasons, it’s easier for you to go back to Venice (Fondamenta Nuove) and catch from there the public boat to Burano. It being the terminus, at Fondamenta Nuove you have more chances to get a seat and enjoy comfortably one hour trip. Of course, you were perfectly able to walk out the premise and "get lost" on Murano Island, returning to Venice on your own. We just think of adding a nice touch to your experience on the glass Island by offering a lift back to Venice.

Again, thank you for the kind words you spent on us. I will be glad to welcome you at our Factory in the future again.

Kindest regards.