“Lovely family restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Friendly, good local homemade food - family atmosphere where all the locals eat and come for take away pizza.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Disappointing food, poor service, charged a cover charge without providing the bread and oil other tables were given, then rudely refused to reimburse.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

.......and they don't take advantage! In the evening, in Murano, that's the only place open where you can have dinner. Unless one goes to Venice , one hour away by water bus. We stayed 4 days and had dinner there every night. Friendly people, good food and acceptable prices. Too cold to sit poutside but it would be nice to visit in summer and they have seating along the canal. Try the "Fegato alla veneziana" with white "polenta". Fantastic!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Murano is a little short on restaurants in the evening. Not wanting to go back to the same one as yesterday, we chose here as it looked busy. Menus came promptly and service was friendly. My husband's fish soup wasn't to his taste but he did admit that it was well-flavoured and had plenty of fish. My gnocchi and baked sea bass were both delicious, as was my husband's veal cutlet. Too full for dessert!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I ate here for lunch on a day trip to Murano. It was quite busy for lunch time and looked popular so we decided to stop in. I ordered the calzone which was extremely cheesy and rich in flavour. I liked it but it might not be for everyone. My husband had a lasagne which wasn't huge in size and wasn't great in flavour, but still relatively nice. Many people were eating pasta dishes, sharing from the huge pans it came out in. It looked very nice. But my husband is allergic to seafood so we couldn't risk it.
The service was pretty slow but friendly enough.
There is a small table cover charge (2 euro by memory) but what place in Italy doesn't?
Probably wouldn't choose to eat here again but its not absolutely terrible either.