“Simply the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Settignano
Settignano Tuscany Homes
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Simply the best”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have visited Italy at least 40 times the last 35 years, mostly staying in rented apartments in the larger Florence area or Liguria. This time we stayed for 2 months off season in our favourite area and what has become our favourit place abroad: Claudia´s wonderful estate overlooking Florence in the most spectacular way. And it is a Place that is so wonderful not just because it´s location, but more because of the owner, her generosity,fantastic skills in creating luxury in a low key way that fits with a farm house tradition and paying attention to every little detail. Houses are beautifully decorated, garden is Lovely even in Winter time and the hospitality is outstanding. Despite the fact that Claudia for family reasons had to step in an be away to run a family business 3-4 hours away every now and then, she managed to be so attentive and kind to all our needs. When we arrived we were served a great meal cooked by her Lovely help Tes (who later on cooked at our request a superb dinner for us + guests.
To provide a concrete example of the remarkable service level, at one time the server Connection broke down, I needed to do some work and although Claudia was far away standing in as president of a large firm, she managed to get a technichian to come and fix it in 2 hours!
So this is what paradise can look like here on Earth, good people, extra-ordinary Beauty onside and outside, furniture,drapers, washbasins etc etc ...everyting is so well done without becoming stiff. The reason for this is not God but Claudia and her staff. And guess if we will come back and bring friends to share it with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flemming N
claudiamazzini, Proprietario at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you Flemming and Eva for having chosen to spend some time with us in Settignano:
a "less travelled way".
It has certainly made the difference to us sharing our property with you and Assie.
You are so very welcome to come back and I do hope my life, by then, has switched to a little more of a steady routine.
Please accept this poem by R.Frost ( I love poetry).

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
USA
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying in Primaluce in October 2012 for a week. Claudia was a most gracious hostess, beginning with her warm greeting. The Primaluce suited our needs very nicely. The king size bed was very comfortable, nice bathrooms and plenty of large fluffy bath towels. The house was scrubbed clean. The weather in October was very mild and we enjoyed eating by candle light in the evenings and looking down upon on the lights of Florence. Dinner was prepared by Claudia and her staff, pre-arranged by us. We are still remembering the amazing meals that we enjoyed, everything homemade and fresh! We were spoiled and pampared, thank you Claudia.

As other reviewers have said, this is a perfect location for exploring Florence and other surrounding towns. You can go into Florence easily by bus. We did have a rental car, but parked it in the little square in Settignano and took the public bus into Florence. Settignano is a small village and there are no grocery stores. There is however a large grocery store down the hill into Florence that has everything. Can't recall the name.

We highly recommend Settignano Tuscany Homes to anyone wanting a tranquil setting, comfortable accommodations and a caring owner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roomwithaview
claudiamazzini, Proprietario at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thanking you both for your encouraging words regarding your stay.
Primaluce, the name of the house you were staying in, means dawn and I would like to send you this poem in remembrance of your holiday. wishing you more lovely vacations.

DAWN AND SUNSET
Those who don't feel this Love pulling them like a river,

those who don't drink dawn
like a cup of spring water

or take in sunset like supper,

those who don't want to change,
let them sleep.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We (Bill & Shelly Felegyhazi and Luke & Hope Somerlot) had the amazing experience of staying in Primaluce with the marvelous Claudia and lovely daughter Nerina as our hosts. With fantastic views of Florence and the Tuscan countryside, this charming villa on what was once the grounds of the fabulous Villa Gamberaia, made a fantastic and very comfortable "base camp" for our excursions to Florence, a day trip to Venice and scootering to Fiesole exploring the local Tuscan roads on the way. The villa was also a great place to unwind and relax and just enjoy the view or take a dip in the pool. We also had wonderful Italian dinners prepared by our host Claudia and her staff. On our first night, we were joined for dinner by our great friends Vince and Annaelle who drove down from Nice, France with baby Chloe. Dinner consisted of pasta with pesto of local herbs, roast chicken from the property stuffed with artichoke and bacon, fresh tomato salad, flan with orange sauce all washed down with bottles of lovely local Chianti. The meal was eaten by candle light al fresco under our rustic pergola. La Dolce Vida, indeed.

Room Tip: Both bedrooms in Primaluce had very comfortable beds, very nice bathrooms all tastefully furnished.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
claudiamazzini, Proprietario at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I thank you all for having been such enthusiastic clients and I very much appreciate the compliments on our dinners which I enjoy preparing. Sharing with people who travel from so far some our our local culinary traditions is a natural and easy way of "getting in contact" and this is what hosting is all about. Hope to have you back one day. Claudia
US in London
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our second summer with Claudia and her family at their amazing homestead--this stay for 2 weeksLuxurious guest houses, amazing pool, gorgeous grounds and views of Florence, which is easily accessible by bus from the village. It is a perfect place for our kids (8; 5) and friends to base ourselves for our once-a-year get together. Claudia has become a lovely friend. We love it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
claudiamazzini, Proprietario at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you so much for writing on Trip Advisor, it's very important to the business and encouraging to me.
I hope you have a lovely year and hope to have you back next summer.
My Very Best
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Awesome views and property. Charming villa Beautiful pool and patio. Walking distance to small village with lovely Enoteca. Bus in village to central Florence; or easy to call taxi. We enjoyed a retreat from the city after touring. Comfortable bedrooms with I suite bathrooms and ac! We especially enjoyed the private chef arranged by the owner. All exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
claudiamazzini, Proprietario at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review it is stimulating in continuing this activity which is new to me after being an interior for over 20 years it's wonderful to take care of my clients in a different way. And it give me the opportunity to meeting g new people all the time.
Hope to have you back sometime.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family (wife, 2 daughters, and dad) spent 10 great nights in the Vespro home. The magic started with the view of Florence from our backyard. Although only 15 minutes from downtown Florence, you feel you are at a country retreat. Claudia, the owner, welcomed us with an amazing dinner and was there throughout our stay to help with taxi cabs, dinners, or any thing we needed. The home itself was very comfortable for the 5 of us, with the girls and dad downstairs in 2 bedrooms, each with private baths, while my wife and I had the upstairs bedroom.

I would return to Vespro in a heartbeat....what an incredible place to sit out on the back patio, drink a glass of fine Tuscan wine, and listen to the sounds of nature while looking at the lights of Florence.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thanking you again for your kind and encouraging words, we are trying to do our best in this new activity and guests like you are very stimulating in continuing in there direction we have taken.
hoping to have you back.
All my Best
North Arlington, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My welcome to Settignano could not have been better. My son and his family were delayed and Claudia asked if I needed anything. I asked for a glass of wine and went to unpack. When I returned I found a bottle of wine and sparkling water, a loaf of bread, and a plate with delicious cheese and small tomatoes along with Claudia's own olive oil. I spent the next two hours eating, drinking and walking around this lovely oasis only 15 minutes from central Florence.
When we woke up the first morning, we found pastries and other goodies from Claudia's favorite pastry shop. Each morning I had breakfast outside and Claudia's many resident birds provided music to my ears. I loved the church bells ringing on the quarter hour. Wonderful smells coming from the flowers. At the end of each very busy day, we all enjoyed sitting outside, watching the sun go down, enjoying some wine and once again listening to my fine feathered friends. We also had two wonderful dinners prepared by Claudia and her staff.
Claudia was always around and very helpful when we needed anything, such as getting a taxi during busy mornings. We took full advantage of her hospitality. I also got to visit the Villa Medici in Fiesole, escorted by her daughter Bianca. It was one of the highlights to my trip.
I highly recommend this oasis to couples and families.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Settignano Tuscany Homes, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
hoping to have you back.
All my Best
Claudia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Settignano
Villa Morghen
#2 of 310 in Florence
Villa Gamberaia
Villa Gamberaia
#128 of 310 in Florence

Been to Settignano Tuscany Homes? Share your experiences!