“Good stay! No issue at all.”
Review of Days Inn Innisfail

Days Inn Innisfail
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Innisfail
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed for a weekend for daughter's ball tournament. Greeted in friendly manner upon check in. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was okay, needed more fresh fruit (just apples and bananas). Pool was small and very loud when lots of kids were in it, no water slide. Played late on Sunday and they allowed for a late checked out, which was much appreciated. Would stay there again if in Innisfail.

1  Thank odiegal
Shaundra S, General Manager at Days Inn Innisfail, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. We appreciate your business and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Thanks

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel was fantastic in every way. The staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly; the room was clean, quiet, and comfortable; the price was great. The breakfast was also pretty decent compared to a lot of hotels. I don't have a single area of complaint or improvement needed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ico868

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed for tournament and found new owners who were rude and bed was diety with hair and bugs, asked for manager and not available, did not even go for breakfast as we were pissed off. We could hear the cars on hwy#2, need more insulation.

Room Tip: Too much car noise from Hwy, try to get away from hwy. Not busy motel anymore, manager & staff...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Shaundra S, General Manager at Days Inn Innisfail, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest

I would to apoloize to you for any inconvinence you were caused while staying with us. Your feed back is very much appreciated. Our goal is to make sure every guest stay is enjoyable and that they want to return. We have received a Governor's Award in the pass and have just recieved a Directors Award from Best Western International for Outstanding Quality Standards. The Director's Award recognizes Best Western Hotels scoring in the top 20% of more than 2,100 Noth American properties in cleaniness and maintenance.Hotels must also meet Best Western's requirements for design and high customer service scores to qualify for the destinction.

Once again please accept my apology and we will do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have been coming here 2 to 3 times a year for the past couple of years and always at this time with the family. We are Best Western Fans and Reward members. This USED to be a great hotel where we felt special and the staff was great and friendly. We used to be able to get coffee all day...we used to get hot and cold breakfast. There USED to be big bowl of fruit and the food used to be replenished as the clients came down.

NO MORE ...forget breakfast....go out! McDonalds or Tims close by. My husband got up at 9 Fri and there was nothing.....nothing at all...whatever my daughter and grandchildren had seen was whisked away...after the workmen left nothing was brought out...we saw they got some sausages and poached eggs...which was all that was hot. But by the time the rest came down nothing!

Shame Shame Best Westwern. Our Friendly staff is gone too....We miss them the most! The staff doesn't speak much English....very frustrating.

We will be looking for another hotel for our regular family outing next year.

We are going looking for our ex staff.

1  Thank twinspiritsgran

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking time for your feedback. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused while staying with us. Our goal is to make sure every guest stay is an enjoyable one. We will do our best to make sure these issues are corrected and hope that you will stay with us again.

Thanks

Reviewed July 21, 2012

For the last few years, we have always booked 2 adjoining rooms for our holiday with my parents and our 4 kids. The staff in the past were very enjoyable and personable. They looked forward to our annual family extended weekend and were always impressed with our children. This year, it's all changed. New people running the place is obvious. There is no hot breakfast on the weekend. The staff are not exactly rude, but not friendly. Housekeeping was an issue. We asked that our room not be cleaned while we were here. We like the privacy and with kids we have toys and stuff...we figure staff don't need to bother..gives them a break too. However, they didn't listen and came in anyway. Not a big deal, but really? Why? The manager herself literally pushed her way past me to shove wet dirty towels in the cart hamper, leaving my arm wet And icky with someone else's dirty wet germs. She then shoved her way past my son pushing him aside. We were just walking down the hall from the elevator to our room. They are keeping the breakfast room closed during the day with lights off. We asked if we could use the room to feed the kids lunch and the staff was hesitant, as if it wasn't allowed anymore. The pool and hot tub was great but very awkward to bring our own towels down and then exchange them? They want to know your room number and how many towels you have etc...like we are going to take them?? Overall, things were fine. And yes this could be petty stuff. But when we were used to the same long term staff and see all the changes not all positive, it's a huge let down. When we approached manager about a few thungs, all she did was smile and did not care We are now skeptical of returning here for our annual family holiday. Not to mention a rate hike. They seem to cater to workers that stay here. The good stuff....great location, it HAS a pool and hot tub and it's clean.

Dear Guest

I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that you were cause while staying with us.
We are under new ownership but it is there intention to continue running the hotel the same as the pass. We strive to make sure all our guests stay is enjoyable and hope that they will return.
Our Guest feedback is taken very seriously to prevent these kind of situations from happening.
Once again please accept our apology and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for the 2nd time last week. I found it to be clean. I had a fairly large room on the main floor. Very high ceilings, which I really like made the room seem bigger. Large king size bed that was clean and comfortable. Lots of pillows, although I only use one at any given time, I think there were 6 or 7 of them on the bed. Decent flat screen TV, limited channels (as was mentioned in a previous review). The expanded buffet style breakfast was pretty good too, although I personally would prefer more fruit to be available,(there were apples and fresh honeydew melon) there was also poached eggs, sausage, waffles and a toaster that even toasted !!! so many of these hotels have an ordinary toaster that just simply doesn't toast after extended use, the two of them here were great (another personal preference---dark, dark toast). front desk staff were pleasant and welcoming upon check in, and equally so on check out. Although it is adjacent to the QE II highway, and I was at the end nearest it, there didn't appear to be a lot of traffic noise from this busy highway, at least I certainly didn't hear it, I'm not sure if it would be worse on upper levels. I would stay here again, although it is starting to get a bit pricey ($127 incl tx) compared to the competition, with a Super 8 and another "lower end" motel (can't remember the name of that one, but it is a chain -$77 incl tx.) nearby I may try one of those.

Room Tip: I was on main floor, room had high ceiling, and was spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Susan B, General Manager at Days Inn Innisfail, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Innisfail and for your positive comments regarding our high ceilings, spacious rooms, and pleasant and welcoming Front Desk team. I am pleased to let you know our breakfast has become even more elaborate under new ownership. We intend on keeping our superior breakfast a top priority for our guests. We hope to welcome you back to Innisfail!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I found Best Western Innisfail Inn to be a fine place to stay. I found the desk staff to be friendly and attentive, the room to be clean, bed to be firm and fresh and bathroom was also very clean. The carpet could used better vacuuming (barefooted people notices these things) but overall, I have no complaints. There is a microwave and refrigerator that worked very well. I thought the location was just okay,,,outside of Boston Pizza, there wasn't anything else close by and I heard the noises from Highway 2 as well. I think this place could have use better insulation from the noises from outside the motel as well as inside. But after coming in from Grande Prairie in heavy fogs, bad rainy weather and stupid traffics around Edmonton, I found this Best Western to be an ideal resting place for the night. The Internet access was pretty good and hot breakfast was quite excellent.

Room Tip: I would seek the highest floor possible. It does creak a bit if someone is over you.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team of the Best Western Innisfail Inn, I thank you for your positive comments regarding the comfort and freshness of our beds, cleanliness, and friendly and attentive staff. Greatly appreciated! We offer microwaves and refrigerators in all of our guest rooms. I agree it is a plus, I certainly appreciate a refrigerator in my Hotel room while travelling.
We hope to welcome you back to Innisfail.