“We love this family run restaurant”
Review of Cottage Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cottage Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went for a Valentines dinner and the food was outstanding, probably the best kept secret in Shropshire. Very intimate dining areas that cater for all your needs. The wine list is extensive and the locally sourced food is beautifully cooked and presented. The moment you step through the door they really make you feel welcome. We love this restaurant. You may have to book in advance as it is very popular indeed, and rightly so!

There are newer reviews for Cottage Restaurant

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've eaten here on numerous occasions and have always been delighted. It is tucked away and even locals don't know about it. Despite being on a busy island, once inside it's tranquil and relaxed. We visited on 14th August to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was an exceptional meal with every course fresh, beautifully presented and seasonal. A special mention of the lemon sole with Samphire and capers - superb. The usual excellent service and a great bottle of Chablis made for a memorable evening.

1  Thank Steviebaby1953
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food and service are excellent. The private dining rooms make for a real experience. We have had new years eve dinners here. Although situated on an A41 roundabout, It is quiet inside

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my 3rd visit here and while it is still of a high standard, I was a little disappointed this time around.
The place itself still retains it's charm and the service is still impeccable, but I felt a little let down by the food.

I had the ham hock terrine to start and while it was perfectly good, it was tiny. Other starters were the mushroom 3 ways which was also very small. I realise it's only a starter and they want you to have room for dessert, but we come here for special occasions and would have all three courses anyway.
The main was Duck with stir fried veg and noodles. The noodles and veg were delicious but the duck was a tad on the chewy side and the skin wasn't crispy, so that was below par.
Other mains were the chicken (this got the thumbs up) and the steak. Although the steak was good, again, the portion size was on the small side.
I had the chocolate brownie with salted caramel and parsnip ice cream which was a good end to the meal.
For what we got I would say that it's a bit on the pricey side too.
I've given it a 4, but if I could award half marks, it would have been 3 1/2 this time around.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have probably eaten at the Cottage 5 or 6 times and cannot understand what the complaints are about. The owner is lovely and goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable and looked after. The food is amazing especially as the restaurant is in the middle of nowhere (apologies to locals). I think some people just like to feel that they are 'special' and suddenly become pompous and demanding if they feel that people are making an effort to please them.

1  Thank Christine R