“Lovely dining venue”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Market Drayton
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“Lovely dining venue”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have recently moved back to Ternhill, and took my family for dinner at Tern Hill Hall to escape the moving boxes cluttering my house. Staff were exceptionally polite and attentive; at all times providing friendly and efficient service. My in-laws were staying with us, and we were all agreed the the setting was very agreeable and that the bar area and dining room were tasteful, elegant and very comfortable. The menu is not large, which I believe usually suggests quality food well prepared and presented, and I was not wrong. The food was excellent and locally sourced, and is perfectly complemented by a choice and affordable wine list. My 4 year old son innocently asked for jelly (his favourite dessert which was not a menu item), and one of the waitresses said she would see what she could do and presently returned with a jelly and ice-cream mix. The cheese board was one of the best I have had at any restaurant.

Whilst we were only there for dinner and I cannot comment on the rooms, it would appear that the new management are sinking heart and soul into this establishment, and on the basis of service and food, I would say it has the makings of a fantastic venue. I shall certainly be strongly recommending it for its food and friendly, efficient service. My thanks to Laura Marson and her staff that were on duty for such a pleasant evening. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ivor G
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It's great to hear you and your family enjoyed yourselves at the hall. Thank you for your kind comments. I hope you have settled back into the area well and have unpacked all your boxes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards Tracey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beds were very comfortable and paid staff very helpful,. James was brillient and nothing was too much trouble for him. I do feel that the refurb is going to take a long time and waking up in a comfortable bed does not make up for peeling wallpaper, cracked ceilings and windows that do not open and the most awfull bathrooms I have ever seen
Boxs of cereal and the tea were the only good thing about the breakfast, the " full english " was a mixture of overcooked, undercooked food all very geasy. Not somewhere we would visit again or recommend to anybody.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marilyn s
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Its such a shame you experienced these problems during your stay. I'm very sorry you did not feel the rooms were up to standard, we now have two en-suite bedrooms that have been fully refurbished. I understand your concerns for the length of time for work to be completed, however building work started last week on the ballroom and new orangery, contract builders are scheduled to complete work by end of Jan next year. I hope you will be able to visit again to see all the improvements we have made. Once again I apologise but very much appreciate your feedback.
Kind Regards
Tracey
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Tern Hill Hall Hotel is elegant, spotless, and wonderfully situated. Myself and a few friends stayed there for a catch-up weekend and we loved the atmosphere. Our rooms were lovely and spacious over looking the pretty grounds, the bed extremely comfortable and the food was fantastic. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful about what we could do in the area. The hotel is situated in a fantastic location to cater to whatever activities you may want to do. Thanks for being such fantastic hosts! We'll definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Its great to hear you enjoyed both the hotel and the local area. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Tracey
Cranbrook
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had my mum's 70th birthday party here in May and from the start the new owners were a pleasure to deal with, with nothing being a problem or any request too much trouble.
The day itself was perfect for my mum, staff were great, still smiling with a dozen small children getting in their way and the food delicious and plentiful.
There are more refurbishments to be done by the owners but this is still a great venue for functions.
What a nice change to have somewhere these days that exceeded what were some high expectations and give great value for money as well.
Good luck to the new owners!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear that you you enjoyed your recent family party here at Tern Hill Hall. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Tracey Marson
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Wonderful Mother's Day family lunch couldn't fault it in anyway, new owners are currently refurbishing the Hall and the dining room is now stunning. Excellent food, expecially the white chocolate torte, really good value for money. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MGreenwell24
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a kind review. As you are aware Mothers Day was the opening of the newly refurbished restaurant and we were so pleased to be able to show it off. This is just the first step to a newly refurbished Tern Hill Hall. We hope we will be seeing you again soon and be able to show you more improvements.
Kind Regards
Tracey Marson
Newcastle u Lyme
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed there as part of a wedding group. I can only say I felt sorry for the bridal party if our room was anything to go by. The bed springs had sprung through the mattress, toilet was dirty, the room had the overbearing atmosphere of Miss Haversham. some of the wedding party stopped at the Goldstone Hall hotel - wish we'd done the same.
Faulty Towers could be taught a lot from this place!

Room Tip: Choose Goldstone Hall instead
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank StaffsMags
Tracey M, Owner at Tern Hill Hall, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Tern Hill Hall. I notice that your stay was in November of last year. I am pleased to let you know that as of late December last year the Hotel has new owners. We are hoping to completely undergo a refurbishment program over the next twelve months. One of the key areas to be refurbished and modernised is the bedrooms.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Tern Hill Hall for you to experience the changes we make.

Tracey Marson
Owner
harrogate
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just a quick review, stayed here for 2 days (1 overnight stay) for a sales meeting. The food is good, staff are good and general walkway / public areas reasonable but my, oh my, the bedrooms are outdated. I stayed in room 8 and was welcomed by the biggest spider in Shropshire in the bathroom. This [bath] room is shocking, the ceiling falling apart and very, very dated. the low energy bulb made it look like a prison cell.

It needs an injection of money and quickly, if the rooms were repainted and a few quid spent then I am sure this hotel would be back to it's former glory. It would be sad to lose it.

Well done to the staff who were excellent. Strange thing though... they ALL drive Peugeot 206's!????

Room Tip: keep out of 8
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
#2 of 16 in Shrewsbury
Ternhill Farm House
Ternhill Farm House
#1 of 10 in Market Drayton

Been to Tern Hill Hall? Share your experiences!