“Excellent ambience and very good food”
Review of Hinds Head

Hinds Head
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been visiting The Hinds Head for well over 12years and saw it sadly go downhill possibly due to lack of money and poor food. Now things have change.... Refurbished to a high standard although maybe a little basic for some people's taste,the log fire is very welcoming, as are the staff..

The menu is wide and the food of an exceptional standard. I ate off the bar menu - main course and drink of wine, beers etc) for £10 and the cod with chips was the best I have eaten. My companions had a Cajun chicken and Minute steak and were ver impressed.

what is nice about this establishment is that you can either eat in the restaurant or in the bar. The children's me u is very good and reasonably priced- main course and dessert for £5 and the chicken nuggets are home-made.

I wish I lived closer.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

booked a meal here 16/02/2013. arrived before booked time left at the bar for over 30 minutes then eventually got a menu to be informed there was no scallops due to valentines. Ordered the baked brie and it came with some bread stick which i think were past their sell by date and slithers of celery. ordered champange to be told they had sold out yet again it was due to valentines day.. main course arrived i had the ale and steak pie which required a hammer and chisel to get through, my wife had the pork which was cold and on a cold plate. did complain to the staff and eventually was informed that the pie is pre cooked the re heated so the homemade thing is not really true i could of gone to greggs for that. 30 minutes later we were informed that they welcome criticism and will let the chef know and agreed that we will not have to pay for the food. Will not be ever going here again or recommend this place to eat at

2  Thank 770Peterd12
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went with friends for our first time - and it was great. The place was spacious, even though it was quite busy, nice drink near wood-burner then into the comfortable restaurant area to eat. The drinks choices were great, and the menus superb - a lot of the meats being sourced very locally.

The food was imaginative, well presented and some nice flavours. I was impressed with the value too - I thought the prices were reasonable.

I found the venue relaxing - it was a nice blend of "gastro pub" but also rustic at the same time so not at all pompous yet civilised at the same time. Will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First visit to the Hinds Head, Norton-in-Hales last night. Had a lovely meal and very drinkable bottle of red for £24.95. My wife had a Serloin M/R and said it was delicious and cooked to perfection. I had a mixed grill which consisted of a very decent piece of Rump Steak R again cooked to perfection, very nice non fatty piece of gammon, cajun chicken breast and a decent quality sausage. Both served with proper chips and delicious trimmings 2 huge homemade onion rings, mushrooms and half a grilled Tomato with a lttle garlic twist. Very dinkable bottle of house red all for just under £25.00 which given the quality and pleasant surroundings is very good. The pub is nicely decorated and furnished and had a nice homely fire burning. Seemed to have a reasonable selection of Real Ales though sadly as I was driving I didn't get to sample them, a situation I aim to rectify. Service was friendly without being fussy or intrusive just as I prefer it to be. It was my first visit but will certainly not be my last.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Last night a friend and I ate at The Hinds Head and enjoyed it so much that I felt I should write a review. It was my very first visit and I really was impressed. The menu is slightly different to some but everything on it looked well thought out with lots of variety and probably a dish for everyone's taste. The interior of this pub is really well done and the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed but not too informal. Despite it being quite a busy Saturday night we were attended to well and my friend and I both commented how polite the staff were, especially the waitresses and girl behind the bar. Would thoroughly recommend and will most definitely be going back at some point in the future.