“Great Meal”
Review of Muse

Muse
Reserve with OpenTable
Muse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perched over the MacLaren falls, our two restaurants offer dramatic views and a true gastronomic experience with menus based on a traditional French and Quebecois style, using local produce with exciting international influences.Muse, our fine dining restaurant, is open daily for breakfast and dinner. On Sundays, enjoy our famous Sunday brunch buffet from 9am-2pm. For something more relaxed, the Heron Room restaurant offers a Wine and Tapas bar alongside a popular bistro menu. The Heron Room and adjoining Bar Lounge is open daily from noon and features live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 7-10pm.Please visit our website for our most up to date menus.
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Meal”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The restaurant is described as being fine dining and it is. My wife and I went there in mid-March for Sunday supper. Both of our meals were great. We both chose the table d'hote ($55 each) which was worth the price. Our first course included a tasty onion soup and a beet plate (beets prepared 3 ways). For our entrees my wife had lamb, prepared 2 ways, and I had red deer. For desert I had a fantastic chocoate square (alone worth the price of admission) and my wife enjoyed a cheese tray. No complaints about the meal. Service was good. Our tables overlooked the creek and the waterfall. A beautiful spot. No hesitation recommending this restaurant.

Thewakefieldmill, Owner at Muse, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts DaveBoi. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again in the future!

Kingston, Canada
“Food does not meet the beauty of the Mill”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Wakefield Mill has a lovely ambiance, and the restaurant terraces are a great place to sit. However, the food is dated in the 'Nouvelle Cuisine' style,over priced and insubstantial. It would be tolerable if the food was exceptional but the flavours were discordant, even after taking the server's recommendations. I think they need to concentrate on simpler recipes done well rather than over complicated choices where the flavours clash. Too many good restaurant choices in the area for us to go back here.

Ottawa, Canada
“Relaxation, bonne ambiance bonne bouffe et bonne compagnie”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent place if in need of a complete recharge and most important is the spa. Room are spacious and quiet, if you want to experience a surprise go for La Découverte in main dinning lounge with wine pairing - to appreciate you must have be opened minded and tolerate all taste buds to participate. I say this as a red wine amateur and with limited taste buds, some foods I cannot appreciate but that should not stop anyone. The only drag was they appreciate their clients enough not to open the jacuzzis because they were not to their high standards, that gave us a chance to wonder out of our cocoon and rediscover the area.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Ontario,CANADA
“Gastronomy a few miles out of Ottawa”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I laud here the remarkable artistic talent and industriousness of Chef Romain Riva in this, our second and revised dining review , at the Wakefield Inn, an establishment linked to Quebec’s Hôtellerie Champêtre network. While our first experience had been most unfortunate because we’d been ushered by my birthday hosts into the upstairs Heron room which is a late night tapas bar with a lighter menu, not measuring up to my feeding needs after a demanding skiing afternoon. This time, my significant other and I, got to experience the Chef ‘s painstaking attention at pairing exquisite wines with a range of decadent dishes. He demonstrated particular acumen at building a balanced meal, packed with a range of tasty and exotic tastes; our servers were attentive and discrete, keen to respond to our questions about the series of gustative challenges that made up the Mystery menu, a 6-course adventure. We can truly talk here of gastronomy and great care in presenting us with daring matches. The choice of natural ingredients produced a perfectly well balanced and exciting feast that we were able to take in, with each bite a delight for the senses.

Without doubt I would recommend an Outaouais tourist not too miss this spectacular experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank zeniatrips
Syracuse, New York
“Would definitely return”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My friend and I stay for a weekend at the Mill. Spa services were great. Very relaxing. We had 3 meals there. All were excellent. The view of the falls was beautful. Staff was friendly.