“Expected better”
Review of Muse

Muse
Reserve with OpenTable
Muse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Perched over the MacLaren falls, our two restaurants offer dramatic views and a true gastronomic experience with menus based on a traditional French and Quebecois style, using local produce with exciting international influences.Muse, our fine dining restaurant, is open daily for breakfast and dinner. On Sundays, enjoy our famous Sunday brunch buffet from 9am-2pm. For something more relaxed, the Heron Room restaurant offers a Wine and Tapas bar alongside a popular bistro menu. The Heron Room and adjoining Bar Lounge is open daily from noon and features live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 7-10pm.Please visit our website for our most up to date menus.
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Husband and I ate at The Heron Room at the Wakefield Inn and was rather surprise at the slow service. Servers disappeared, changed halfway through diner, then finally the 3rd server of our evening took our dessert order, then disappeared, we asked the bus boy (3 one of the evening,they kept changing and disappearing too) to find out our dessert who advised it got lost and or forgotten, and it took over 15 minutes to get what they call their chocolate cake, should really be renamed a brownie, was very tasteful. But not a cake.

Overall meal was good, but service needs work. I am hoping it was because it was a Sunday night, and maybe best servers were off, but service needs work.
Not sure Inwould go back.

1  Thank wanderx2
Thewakefieldmill, Owner at Muse, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the service issue that you identified. Normally the Heron Room, which is our casual restaurant, is staffed with one bus person and one or two servers. On Sundays at 4pm, we have a shift change, and that sometimes affects staff levels. However, I have discussed the service matter with the dining room manager to see how that can be improved.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the menu. You are correct that the chocolate cake is not a conventional "cake", but rather much more rich -- and quite tasty. As with almost all of our menu offerings, we try to offer food items that are both health conscious an difficult, or at least very unlikely to to made at home. Such is the case with the chocolate tart/brownie you referenced.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your views.
Robert Milling

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Reservation online was easy and no hassle.
I mentioned in my reservation that it was for a birthday.
I called to confirm and they told me that they do not do cakes but could have separate cake portions which was acceptable.
Restaurant was clean and servers were welcoming but a little bit unorganised, we were asked 3 times for drinks when we have already ordered ours.

One napkin was dirty and we had to ask for its replacement. The bread in there is awesome and the servers were happy to provide other portions.

We ordered their steak frites and the steak was really hard. They did not provide knifes for meat so that helped to be difficult to cut.

The view on the falls was great but there was not too much water :) dry season.

There was no shades on the windows so while eating we were inconforted by the sun.

The water in the glasses was not automatically filled.

Then came the time for the birthday cake and that was a disaster, they forgot, I had to remind them and even at that one of the servers just showed up with the portions. One of the waitresses came in hurry and took back the dishes to put a candle on the cake. That was nice of her :).

Oh! I forgot, the fries are awsome ... (I love fries)

Overall it was good.

1  Thank Me M
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Loved everything about this place. You'll spoil yourself here - the food is fabulous and worth the price you pay. Enjoy a meal while enjoying a superb view of the outdoors.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have enjoyed the Wakefield Mill for many years with girlfriends and with my husband. It is an excellent spot for a restful and relationship rejuvenation trip. The service quality is excellent, and their packages make great value. The dinning and food are excellent. I would recommend it to anyone looking to spend some quiet time reconnecting.

The area also has excellent restaurants, coffee shops and pubs. There are beautiful trails to walk, rivers and lakes to canoe, and lovely local treats to bring home.

I hope too many people find out about though - because then it will get too expensive.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Wakefield Mill was perfect; the room (we had room 203 - waterfall upgrade), the food, the spa, the service and the location. We loved every minute and we kept being surprised by the quality of the accomodation, the staff and surroundings. The cemetary behind the hotel is impressive, the history, the small town of Wakefield with its nice stores and great restaurants. Everything was just perfect. It was our first time there and we are looking forward to returning, it must be beautiful in the fall and winter as well.