“Lovely dinner in a thuderstorm !”

Chez Eric Cafe Bistro
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wakefield, Canada
“Lovely dinner in a thuderstorm !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

My Girlfriend & I went for our anniversary, we live close by but we never went... What a mistake!!!
It was one of the best meal we ever had, I usually don't like scallop but I could have eaten the complete entre of my girlfriend plate scallop the melted in your mouth, she had the duck and I had one of the best bugger in my life!!! We sat outside at the beginning but we had to run inside to get cover from the thunderstorm. Still one of the place we been to in a long while, great ambience & great service. For sure we will go back!

• Visited August 2014

Solihull, United Kingdom
“A most enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Wakefield is a laid back linear village which follows the river edge and the now disused railway track with Eric's at the southern end. As it was a hot sunny Sunday we sat outside under the trees, we had a club sandwich, a coma burger, monte christo, benny saumon and a 5 oz steak burger all were well cooked and presented and the service was friendly and attentive. A lovely relaxing lunch. Hopefully we will visit again.

• Visited June 2014
“Creme Brule top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Loved the locally sourced food. The meal was most elegant, and the atmosphere was casual and welcoming. Wished I would have had more time to go again if only for dessert. The Crème Brule was soooo wonderful.

Visited July 2014
Canada
“Lovely dinner on the porch in the rain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner recently, and had a wonderful meal and an all round nice experience. We chose to sit on the one little table on the porch, even though it was raining, which provided a special atmosphere. The outdoor patio area is also really nice. We both had the steak, which was delicious and cooked to our order, accompanied with nice grilled veggies and potatoes. Service was pleasant, relaxed and efficient. We will definitely be back. I would agree that that the dinner menu is not child-friendly, so might be something the restaurant should consider.

• Visited July 2014
Merrickville
“There's love in this food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

You can definitely taste the love! These brothers are to be celebrated for the obvious care that goes into their food & service. Locally sourced ingredients shine. The menu is a perfect size - something for everyone, with an excellent choice of wines to accompany. Great music & cozy, friendly atmosphere! We had a wonderful lunch, then returned the next evening for dinner. An evening to remember, a very warm welcome from the moment we walked in. Great karma in this place! Local lamb was spectacular, authentic Caesar salad, great fennel & tomato soup, beautiful creme caramel and chocolate mousse. I'm definitely returning any time I'm in Wakefield. Bravo!

• Visited April 2014