“Can't Wait to Return” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chez Eric Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Great food, great wine, great service, great atmosphere in the garden. A real gem of a restaurant and I am looking forward to returning. They also have a bit of a play area set up outside, so families with small children may find that helpful.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank Stewie55

markham
“One of the best meals we have had in a restaurant in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I both enjoy cooking and fine food so it is not easy to satisfy us in a restaurant setting. Chez Eric wins the prize! A delicious culinary experience from start to finish, for about $70 including tip. We look forward to returning. Oh, and the service was outstanding also.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank Markhamites
Gatineau
“Best restaurant EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This restaurant is such a hidden gem! By far the best meal of my life with excellent service...would highly recommend!!!

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Ashley T
Ottawa
“Like finding a diamond in the Gatineau River"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I were looking for something a different in Wakefield. We happened across this tiny old house with a lovely patio that appeared to be a restaurant.

What a nice surprise! We started off sitting at a table out in the patio. It's small but surrounded with gardens which in early June were just starting to come to life. The trees that cover the patio are filled with tiny lights which I'm sure in the dead of summer must be incredibly romantic.

Unfortunately, we were quickly surrounded by a pretty dramatic thunderstorm. Luckily the staff was able to effortlessly move us in-doors to a cozy table in the back room. Our table was fine except for a wobble which we quickly fixed with a napkin.

I am writing this in August, so it's been a while but I guess the fact that I remember the restaurant says something good about it.

We ordered a type of pate appetizer. Unfortunately it just wasn't to our liking, nothing wrong with it just a personal taste thing. Our server noticed and insisted on bringing us a new appetizer, a delicate smoked salmon creation which we loved.

For the main course I had simply the best steak ever! It was tender and succulent. The spices used enhanced the flavor of the steak without overpowering it.

I would highly recommend Chez Eric. It's a wonderful place, you can tell the chef loves food by the effort he takes in creating each dish and the friendly professional staff go out of their way to make every customer's experience a positive one.

• Visited June 2011
6 Thank Sylvia M
Ottawa
“Very nice food & atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

The reviews for this place seem somewhat polarized; our experience was overall good. We had reservations through a local B & B owner, and arrived for an early Saturday seating (5pm) with an infant and a child. The restaurant was empty when we arrived, and there were 3-4 other tables eating by the time we left.

Service was very good, though at first seemed a bit cold. The server opened up a bit, and was quite friendly by the end of the meal. They were very accommodating of our children, and knew to bring their food right away, while my wife and I enjoyed our wine and great Gazpacho. Once our mains arrived, our child was done and could go play in the sandbox while we ate.

My wife had excellent scallops; I had the steak which was truly a perfect med-rare. My only complaint was being told everything was "local", but finding out the steak was from "somewhere in Canada". Nevertheless, it was the best steak I've had in a long time.

• Visited June 2011