“great location”

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The old train station over looking the river. Quiet and nice. Service good. Food good. Nothing exciting but pleasant.

1  Thank mrjim

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We drove from Ottawa for lunch at the Pot au Feu, and found the service fast, efficient, and friendly. The menu was small, as we'd missed the 1:30 p.m. cutoff for ordering from the brunch menu, but all four of us found appetizing choices available. My father-in-law ordered the clam chowder, and reported that it was excellent; my daughter had the grilled vegetable sandwich, and liked it very much. My husband and I had the grilled chicken on focaccia, and found it delightful--crispy bread, fresh ingredients, simply but elegantly presented. I ordered the soup of the day, a cold borscht, and liked it very much. Not a clear broth, but contained puréed beets, so a bit heartier than I expected. It was well chilled, and a refreshing contrast to the sandwich. The view from the balcony was spectacular, and we tore ourselves away reluctantly. I'd definitely say it was worth the drive!

1  Thank KDI2
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I had the misfortune to stop at this restaurant for lunch. The positives; the view from the quaint outdoor patio is fabulous. The waitress was friendly but seemed to be overburdened as the food and drink were quite slow in coming. My first mistake was ordering a small bowl of their chowder ($9.00), It consisted of lots of corn, potatoes, and clams but the broth was like milky white moderately warm water. We also ordered what was listed on the menu as a fruit plate with bagels, smoked salmon and a pate ($16.00), for two. Well, what arrived was a plate with 3 slices of honey dew melon, 4 pieces of pineapple, a smal slice of salmon, 1 small slice of pate and 3 small slices of baguette. We sent it back, paid for the soup & drinks and left very disapointed.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had lunch at pot au feu. Beautiful location on a small patio overlooking the river. It was very busy but the server quickly took our drink order and the food was served within 30 minutes. Nice small menu with something for everyone. The food was vsry good and fresh. Thoroughly enjoyed my visit and will be going again.

1  Thank spyderwoman
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I went there for Sunday morning brunch. The food was good. The view from the back terrace is amazing. The staff is friendly. A good place to relax with friends. I recommend the tourtiere and the Belgian waffles.

2  Thank lhotte