I wanted to stay here so I could ski in this part of the park, and it was great to be able to walk out the door and put on my skis and go. It was also nice to do the trails then come back, grab my bathing suit, and jump in one of two hot tubs - when it was -20! The weather was too much for the tub next to the spa and killed the jets, but the water was hot and I could hear the river instead. I did wonder if you could do a nordic spa and use the river as the cold pool, hmmm...
The receptionists were all very friendly, helpful and patient with my endless questions and requests. No request was too small, not even a Google Map of the route to walk from the bus station to the Rideau Canal in Ottawa!
I had dinner and two breakfasts and the food was very good to excellent. My reservation for dinner at Muse was moved up to Heron's because it was a quiet night. This did seem to caused a bit of bumpiness in timing and coordination of wine and food, but my waiter made every effort to mitigate that and nothing got cold or couldn't be eaten.
I found the spa in the foundations of the old mill to be quite beautiful, and I enjoyed my massage. The heated massage table was great! When I realized how stiff my hands and feet were from the cold and skiing, Shawn gave them extra attention that was much appreciated.
I thought my weekend was expensive, but I knew that when I booked. I liked the unpretentiousness of the place and the people. You achieve a polite informality which suited me just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec