Rooms: There are two main areas where rooms are located; the main building and the Eco River Lodge. From what I saw and heard, the Eco River Lodge rooms have a more contemporary style and this building is the newer addition to the property. The downside is that you have a less attractive outdoor hot tub (it is enclosed by fences, which mar the view of the river), and you have a short outdoor walk to get to the restaurant, bar and spa. Our room was in the main building, and it was rustic and cozy. Hardwood floors, very comfy bed, in-room fireplace and jacuzzi tub were all wonderful. I loved being able to stay indoors when going to the bar and restaurant.
Food: We ate breakfast and dinner in the dining room, as both were included. Breakfast servings were generous and delicious; I recommend the bagel and lox with poached egg! Dinner on the other hand, did not live up to my expectations. The amuse bouche (smoked trout) was terrible, and the appetizers (he had soup, I had salad) were completely tasteless. Main courses were mildly better but certainly not 4 or 5 star dining. The service started out great, but mid-meal (about 8pm) the waiter was slammed and we couldn't get his attention at all. I would recommend taking the short drive, or pleasant walk, to the main drag and try one of the fabulous restaurants in town such as Maison du Village.
Spa: the outdoor hot tub near the spa is wonderful. We spent a good amount of time out there enjoying nature and just relaxing. My husband had a massage and was happy with the service.
Entertainment: the bar area has a fireplace and lots of room to sit and read, board games, and a pool table. The overall feel of the Inn was very cozy and facilitated some much-needed relaxation!
Overall, it was a great weekend and I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec