“Perfect Getaway!”

Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just returned from the beautiful Inn and Spa. We had a couples massage, beautiful experience, Thank you Shawn and Michelle. John greeted us at Reception and went out of his way to help us get settled in a room right away. The room was in the new Eco River Lodge and was lovely with all the amenities...bright and private at same time overlooking the river. The dinner was to die for, I especially loved the added touches like the Neiges cider liqueur with my Foie Gras appetizer. Breakfast was in the lovely solarium overlooking the falls. Would love to return again and again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Eco River Lodge are modern and very comfortable, They have their own pool area and hot...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Although the weather wasn't stellar whilst there, we had a great deal of rain, it only brought the stream to life and the rushing water was a soothing relief to our business activities.
The accommodations in the new eco lodge were great, the beds engulfed my sleey body at night! The bar and dining areas are all very relaxed and the staff are friendly and love to chat.
I enjoyed the food immensely.
The small town of Wakefield looked interesting but unfortunately I didn't really have time to visit it, so I'll make sure I leave a little time when next I visit.
Worth the drive up into the Gatineau Hills!

Room Tip: make sure you leave some time to see the sights around the Mill
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were booked for a weekend last summer and had to cancel last minute.They said they would honor our days paid anytime in the future.A year later we get an email reminding us of our reservation on hold, with the reservation number, and that they would welcome us and honour our reservation any time.
I love good service and can not wait to stay there..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Spent 3 nights there. Food was phenomenal with a wide variety of french cuisine. We had our business meetings in the new facility which had very large windows allowing a lot of natural light in, and the room was well equiped for presentations. Coffee, drinks, and snacks were served throughout with no issues. The room I had had a bathtub right by the window in the living room facing the river. Still very private and no noise heard throughout the night.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this property for three nights and three days on a recent business trip. The location is extremely picturesque -- especially when the old mill is surrounded by the vivid Gatineau Fall colours -- with the rushing falls outside the dining room. The room I had was lovely -- well appointed and comfortable, with lots of character, since one wall was that of the old grain elevator. It was however a tad drafty, but that was not of much consequence to me since I only spent my sleeping hours there. The food, however, was the icing on the cake -- in one word, Superb! Every meal was terrific; I had nine of them in three days. Of course, it was all very rich, so one could not manage to keep up that routine for too long. Kudos to the chef and his/her staff -- and also to the wonderful and charming senior server who served us all of our meals. Unfortunately, my business schedule was so rigorous that I had no time at all to experience the lovely spa. Another time ...

My only suggestion for improvement would be that Moulin Wakefield enable its Front Desk staff to offer wake-up calls earlier than 7:00 a.m.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at this beautiful place for three nights last week and my experience was extremely good. I strongly recommend this place for the following reasons.

Amenities
The main building, which houses the reception, restaurants, and a bar, is both historic and welcoming. It is converted from a mill from the 1800s. In contrast, my room, which is in the Eco Lodge, has modern renovation. There is also an out-door hot tub outside of the building, so bring your bathing suit. I must emphasize that it is very clean everywhere in both buildings (I'm a clean freak, so I'm very picky, but this place is spotless).

Service & Food
I ate at the restaurants all three days and sat at a bar when I first arrived. The servers were very friendly and courteous---the best I've experienced in Ontario and Quebec so far.The food is equally good. The only thing that I didn't like as much was their eggs benedict, but everything else--from seafood, to steak, to breakfast omlette--were delicious.

Surroundings
The area this hotel is in is very scenic. There is a lake and a few stores within 10-minute walking distance. Taking a walk there washes away one's worries. Farther away, there is a large convenience store for all your needs.

I hope you will have the same great experience when you visit this lovely place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub.
1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Wakefield Mill Hotel last week. The hotel is located in a picturesque location directly adjacent to a stream and falls. Several nature trails can be accessed from the property. Following the stream, a short walk takes you to the shops and restaurants along the Gatineau River. My room in the old section of the hotel was rustic and comfortable. The restaurant and lounge were very cozy. The food was exquisite. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Hilton Lac-Leamy
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gatineau-Ottawa
The Metcalfe Hotel
The Metcalfe Hotel
#20 of 68 in Ottawa

Been to Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!