My partner and I spent last weekend (May 5 and 6) at the Wakefield Mill and had a very nice time. We went up for the brunch, which was satisfactory (good selection of breakfast items, seafood and hot dishes although quite similar overall to another brunch we frequent in Kingston which is quite a bit less expensive) and stayed for dinner (very good, tasty table d'hote with a good selection of inventive and nicely-presented food items - I had the quail which I've never tried before but quite enjoyed).
The hotel itself is quite nice but where we stayed was not truly 'historic' feeling - although the room was small it was nicely furnished with Stickley-like furniture and the bed was comfortable.
What really sets this place apart were two main things - the beauty of the natural waterfall (we were fortunate enough to eat right beside it - outdoors - at brunch) and the overall competence and pleasentness of the staff. The hotel bar is also nice with a good selection of current magazines to read if one is not into watching the hockey games incessantly playing on the televisions :).
Would I go back? Probably, particularly if I had a travelzoo voucher as I had for this trip. I will say that, in my opinion the quality of service was in no way lessened because we had a voucher which covered in all or in part the services we purchased.
The hot tub was also very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec