Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa
$92
$91
Motel Montcalm(Gatineau)
$65
Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B(Wakefield)
1,083 results
All reviewseco lodgehot tubgatineau parkmoulin wakefieldold millmain buildingthe rivercouples massagewine barnew buildingduckbar loungeromantic getawayscallopsheron roomgreat weekendbeautiful scenery
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel had a great historic feel to it. While I didn't see the new complex rooms, I think they are more modern. Our room in the main building was charming, spacious and very clean. The bed was pillow-top and comfy. We could hear the sounds of the waterfall we opened our window. Our room, 311, was the only one with a jetted tub PLUS a fireplace. I believe the newer rooms have a tub right in the bedroom, in front of a window, which would've been nice too. Either way, the website's pictures helped a lot in decision making.
The bathroom had the jet tub and stand up shower, with 2 windows for nice views of the falls.

The hotel is calm and quiet, nice for a romantic getaway. The restaurant was absolutely amazing. I've 'restauranted' around Ottawa and Montreal, and this dinner was just divine. We chose the regular menu, though we heard the Discovery menu is also awesome (that menu is 6 smaller courses, which allow you to sample more dishes on the menu at once. Each serving comes with a wine selection). I had the goat cheese app, lamb main and chocolate dessert...all amazingly done. My boyfriend had the bison app (reminded us of a fancy wonton soup), melt in your mouth steak and cheese mousse dessert. Portions are not huge, but well presented and filling enough when out together in this menu.
The breakfast was a tasty cold buffet plus hot menu. They have house-made honey and jams, SO tasty. We tried french toast, omelette and Benedicts from the menu, all amazing. Our package included these meals (minus alcohol bevs).

The staff, all of them, were genuinely friendly and helpful, and also bilingual. Some of the nicest hotel staff I've come in contact with, they seemed to enjoy highlighting the best of this hotel.

The bar looked rustic and nice, though we didn't check it out. We didn't book any spa services, so can't comment on that.

The hotel grounds were pretty. snow covered, serene. The falls and the river really add to its peaceful feel. They have 2 outdoor hot tubs, though one had broken jets. There's a summer pool too. Although we didn't check them out, apparently there are lots of local activities, like skiing and sleigh rides.

The area of Wakefield around the mill is tiny, but has cute cafes and restos. The lake looks pretty and is probably nice in the summertime.

It's a small hotel with country feel and fantastic food. Great for romance. I would love to check it out in the summer!

Room Tip: Room 311 has a jetted tub and fireplace. The rooms in the newer complex are more modern and sleek.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Food and service is great here! Good variety on both lunch and dinner menus. Out of this world quality. No issues with the room we had; spacious room and comfortable bed. Spa massages were great but my only complaint would be the hot tub nearby is nothing special since the jets were barely working and it felt like there was too much chlorine

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My colleagues and I have organized a 2-day team building event at the Wakefield Mill and our experience was the best work/pleasure combination ever ! The meeting coordinator was very accommodating and professional. Rooms were spacious, impeccably clean with lots of extras. Whether you are in the new section or main historical building, you will be amazed. The food and service is renowned in the valley where no detail is left to chance. Chef Romain Riva offers a wide variety of traditional French cuisine but also adds an exotic taste to his menu. Dining rooms all have a view on the waterfalls and fireplace. Perfect for romantic getaways as you will also have access to the old mill’s outdoor hot tubs and swimming pools with views on the falls and mountain. Peace and quiet and magical scenery whatever the season. We had many special requests as we had a theme for our event and the Mill surpassed our expectations. Our goals for the meeting were met and surpassed. Success all the way !!! Local attractions make it also too perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section ! Awesome rooms !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I attanded a three day conference at the old mill with 25 other folks from around Canada. The hosts were exceptionally gracious and very attentive to my dietary needs. We held our meetings in the new eco lodge which was obviously built with these kind of presentations in mind. The evenings were spent in the old mill hanging out around the fire place overlooking the river and waterfalls that originally made the mill a success. It was nice that the current design has allowed for the buildings history to be a focal point. From the reclaimed wood floors to the leather numbers on each door, this property makes an excellent venue for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms in the old mill have a wonderfull view of the waterfalls, and the sound of falling water makes for an excellent sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had the wonderful experience of spending Christmas at the Wakefield Mill! We went as a family to the Inn and had a smorg dinner in one of the meeting rooms and spent the evening in the lounge listening to the wonderful local singers. I loved the meal and the warm, comfortable, relaxing and beautiful space. Before turning in, we had a dip in the outdoor hottub. We all had rooms at the inn and after a great sleep, met for a delicious abundant breakfast! The staff are awesome and I love the way they immediately switch to english the minute I open my mouth!
The whole complex is beautiful and in a beautiful, magical setting! The snowfall was like I have never seen and with the lovely waterfall surrounded by snow and ice, it is a fairytale world! One can go on long beautiful walks or skiing or snowshoeing. I love the mill and will go back as often as I can.

Room Tip: The rooms on the falls side has the wonderful white noise that I enjoy. The view is great, too!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family