Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel V(Gatineau)
Motel Montcalm(Gatineau)
$62
$60
Travelocity
Du Chevalier Motel & Suites(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
$70
$116
Alpengruss Motel(Wakefield)
TripAdvisor
1,080 results
All reviewseco lodgehot tubgatineau parkmoulin wakefieldold millmain buildingthe rivercouples massagewine barnew buildingduckbar loungeromantic getawayscallopsheron roomgreat weekendbeautiful scenery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was awsome it had everything with very pretty surroundings to top it off The room backed out onto the pool and hottub The room had a proper flatpanel tv something many hotels are missing. Also had ipod dock for alarm clock. Hotel was situated in a forested area on a river very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for 2 nights during our honeymoon. It was beautiful! The hotel was kind enough to give us a free upgrade to the riverview room as we on our honeymoon. The room was gorgeous! Very spacious with a lovely jaccuzzi tub. We walked around the grounds when we first got there and loved it. Very tranquil and relaxing with the waterfalls and the river. We enjoyed a delicious meal the first night we were there in the dining room. Our second day we spent the morning at the spa and it was so relaxing the staff were very kind and helpful. We spent a few times at the bar in the lounge where we chatted up Marc, the bar supervisor who was extremely helpful in letting us know the area and activities as well as beyond friendly! Such a nice man! And no offense what so ever to Quebec, but being 2 english speaking only people from Ontario we felt very comfortable there as everyone (and it is actually a requirement as told to us), was fluent in both french and english. So there was no trouble speaking and there was no language barrier which was great! In fact Marc told us that the town of Wakefield is primarily English anyways. Absolutely loved the Inn and definitely would go back!

Room Tip: Riverview for sure! Gorgeous view of the waterfall!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently spent three nights at the Inn; the service, food and accommodations were first class. Perhaps the best feature of this facility is the successful integration of modern convenience and historical charm. The food was unlike anything I have experienced before, I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We drove through rain most of the way to Gatineau Park so our expectations were well in check when we arrived at Wakefield Inn during the off season. Happily we ended up having a lovely and dry time. The location of the Mill in a small ravine is picturesque and you can hear the waterfall once you open your car doors. Even in late October the fall colours created a lovely backdrop to the rustic looking MIll.
Indoors the Mill's public rooms were all cosy wood and stone and nicely decorated for fall. (Though a fire in the fireplace would have been welcome). The staff were welcoming and helpful as they were throughout our stay. We had a Waterfall view room which was an upgrade room but the very good rating is not for the room which was very average. The bones of the room were okay and it would be difficult to change the size of the bathroom but the linens and soft mattress and one tired pillow are upgrades that could have made a big difference to my opinion of the room. As it was they were drab brown and tired. It had all the amenities however including the requisite robes though I went to dinner with damp hair because of the poor quality hair dryer. (I never complained about it to management)
Our package included dinner and breakfast and one night we also ate tapas in the lounge. The breakfasts were fine but the tapas and especially the dinner were delicious. We eat out a lot so meals tend to blur, even the good ones. I find if even one new taste or cooking technique occurs in a meal I am pleased. Each meal we had had at least one. The wait staff were competent and helpful when I asked for details on said dishes and ingredients, even writing details down for me on the shop where I could buy a certain local cheese. This is where my rating would be excellent.
The town of Wakefield was charming, the park had a number of hiking trails some of which we hiked and it was close to Ottawa where we spent an afternoon. I would recommend the Wakefield Inn and would return myself during either the summer or the winter months when the cross- country skiing trails are open.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I spent three nightsat the Inn. My experience was great! The food served was always top notch. My room was clean, comfortable, and charming. Both the new building and old are great but have very different feels. If you are looking for a modern hotel, the new building is great. The old building is much more of a heritage building but is very spacious and comfortable nonetheless. I especially like the large water rapids right next to the Inn. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business