My wife and I have stayed at the Wakefield Inn several times. It's close proximity to Ottawa and Gatineau Park were the main reasons that we stayed there the first time.
We found the little village of Wakefield to be a gorgeous setting for us, we travel to this region in the fall when the colours are near their peak. (You never know when you'll hit them or miss them)
The Inn has exceptional accommodations with waterfall views and fireplaces. I love leaving the window open to hear the rush of the waterfall at night and feel the warmth of the fireplace, very cozy.
The restaurant is an award winner and I don't doubt that for a minute. Our dinners there have been surely 4 or 5 star and the wait staff are very professional yet friendly. Something not always achieved at higher end places, IMO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec