We were at the Inn in May this year and we had a really nice relaxing one night getaway. The Inn has wonderful rooms, very clean, spacious and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready when we arrived and after settling down we decided to go for a walk around the mill. They are adding new accommodations to the Inn which will be on the modern side. They do have a Spa faciltiy but we had decided just to have a nice dinner at the Inn and just enjoy the nature and wonderful weather. If you walk uphill to the Maclaren Cemetery you will see Lester B. Pearson's gravestone (14th Prime Minister of Canada). We also enjoyed walking around Wakefield and visiting all the local artisan shops and had a drink at one of the pubs. It was quite relaxing.
The dinner was excellent and the buffet breakfast (or you could order ä la carte) was also very good. The only complaint we had was that they do not offer a "House Wine".We think this should be available to the guests. Even though we enjoy good wines it is not always necessary to pay $39 and up for a bottle. They also have a cozy bar lounge for a good after dinner liqueur.
We have booked another relaxing getaway at the Inn for the end of September, hopefully will be enjoying the changing of colors of the trees, we are looking forward to it.
I would highly recommend this Inn especially if you want an enjoyable getaway that is not too far from Ottawa (approximately 25 mins drive from Ottawa)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savor the historic charm of our heritage country inn set on 24 acres with the Gatineau Park. Capture the warmth of true Quebec hospitality within spectacular scenery. Indulge yourself and be pampered in our full-service spa, a truly serene retreat featuring: outdoor hot tubs, our new dreamweaver outdoor massage tent on the river's edge, and our river pool. Our hotel dining rooms and charming fireplace lounge are nestled next to the gurgling waters of the LaPeche river and the 28' MacLaren Falls. 24 Acres tucked-away within Gatineau Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wakefield Mill Hotel Wakefield
- Wakefield Mill Inn And Spa
- Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa Quebec