“Fantastic lunch on the patio.”
Review of Le Hibou

Le Hibou
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discover internationally inspired flavours featuring products from our incredible local farmers! Located in the heart of Wakefield, Quebec on the Gatineau river, we have an amazing view that makes you feel like you are on vacation as soon as you sit down.
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as it seemed like the busiest patio in town. Wow now we know why. The menu isn't huge but it is hard to decide as it all sounded so good. We had two pints, fish and chips and the local beef hamburger. It was all fantastic and under $50 including tax. Will eat here again for sure! Great value for the $.

There are newer reviews for Le Hibou

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The house salad has to be the best house salad I have ever had. In fact, the house salad was better than main course salads served in expensive restaurants. The food here was exceptionally tasty, and more affordable that other places in town. Liked this restaurant so much we ate here twice. If you have dietary concerns, Café Hibou staff will be able to make excellent recommendations as they know the menu well. Best of all, the healthier fare is every bit of tasty and indulgent as you could wish for. Would have loved to have eaten here more, but that will have to wait for next trip. The staff is super friendly and provide really good service.

3  Thank J M
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant is very unique in it's style inside of the restaurant. The décor is 50'2 type tables, and antique furniture that is amazing. We ate out on the deck however but it has a beautiful view of the lake that Wakefield surrounds.
Our server and the hostess were very welcoming and friendly and although we were English speaking - that doesn't happen in all places in Quebec.....
The food was filling, nicely presented and at a reasonable cost (meals from $13-$17 CDN per person).
I took some picture but I don't see a place to add them at the moment. Maybe once I submit this review it will give me that option. :)

4  Thank HotSouthandSunny
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Menu is nothing fancy but a bit more interesting than standard pub style/eatery dining in the area. Lovely big deck across from the Gatineau River and spacious dining room indoors. Service is very pleasant and food quite tasty. Wakefield seems to be a bit less pricey for food, though drinks are about the same, then nearby Ottawa/Gatineau which makes it a nice destination after exploring the area.

1  Thank FnP2
Reviewed June 18, 2014

There was 7 of us in our party for mid afternoon meal. We sat on the patio which was nice, but when it came time to order our drinks they did not have a lot of selection (even those on the menu, they were sold out). The local beer I ordered was a blond, it was ok, still would have preferred a Coors, even a Canadian. We also got waters, when they were served there was no ice in the them, and we all had floating things in them. I ordered the pizza with pesto sauce, again it was ok, but I could make something better at home, it came with a salad, the dressing was amazing, but so little I had to ask for more. When we did get our food, it took the waitress almost 5 mins to get our utensils and the cook is the one who ended up bringing out our meals. I split my bill with my mom and it was $15.00 including tip, for food that was just ok, not sure I would go back there.

2  Thank Potatoe_6