“Good food, excellent service at a reasonable price”
Review of Le Hibou

Le Hibou
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Discover internationally inspired flavours featuring products from our incredible local farmers! Located in the heart of Wakefield, Quebec on the Gatineau river, we have an amazing view that makes you feel like you are on vacation as soon as you sit down.
Ottawa
“Good food, excellent service at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant is very unique in it's style inside of the restaurant. The décor is 50'2 type tables, and antique furniture that is amazing. We ate out on the deck however but it has a beautiful view of the lake that Wakefield surrounds.
Our server and the hostess were very welcoming and friendly and although we were English speaking - that doesn't happen in all places in Quebec.....
The food was filling, nicely presented and at a reasonable cost (meals from $13-$17 CDN per person).
I took some picture but I don't see a place to add them at the moment. Maybe once I submit this review it will give me that option. :)

Visited July 2014
4 Thank HotSouthandSunny

“nice done pub food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Menu is nothing fancy but a bit more interesting than standard pub style/eatery dining in the area. Lovely big deck across from the Gatineau River and spacious dining room indoors. Service is very pleasant and food quite tasty. Wakefield seems to be a bit less pricey for food, though drinks are about the same, then nearby Ottawa/Gatineau which makes it a nice destination after exploring the area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FnP2
“It was ok”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

There was 7 of us in our party for mid afternoon meal. We sat on the patio which was nice, but when it came time to order our drinks they did not have a lot of selection (even those on the menu, they were sold out). The local beer I ordered was a blond, it was ok, still would have preferred a Coors, even a Canadian. We also got waters, when they were served there was no ice in the them, and we all had floating things in them. I ordered the pizza with pesto sauce, again it was ok, but I could make something better at home, it came with a salad, the dressing was amazing, but so little I had to ask for more. When we did get our food, it took the waitress almost 5 mins to get our utensils and the cook is the one who ended up bringing out our meals. I split my bill with my mom and it was $15.00 including tip, for food that was just ok, not sure I would go back there.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Potatoe_6
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent and awesome food - terrible service”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went to Le Hibou for brunch last Sunday (after eating there many times before for lunches and dinner). The food, a breakfast poutine and deep dish French toast, was EXCELLENT. The service, however, was truly terrible especially considering the restaurant wasn't busy. Our server didn't refill our water glasses when they were empty or offer more coffee to my husband when his cup was empty. When had to ask for more water it took an absurdly long time. We sat with our empty plates in front of us for well over ten minutes before another server cleared them for us. It took an additional ten minutes for our server to get us our bill because she seemed busy chatting with someone she knew who had stopped in. It's a shame the poor service overshadowed the great food. I don't think we'll be going back.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Amy V
“Why bother?”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'd read some good reviews on here so I wanted to check out this place. My family and I had the worst dining experience at this 'wanna-be' eatery. Our nightmare began with the service, or lack thereof. It was almost like we were invisible! I motioned to the server for attention and was curtly told to "hang on"...and 15 minutes later we finally got served. I get that you can be busy but other restaurants sure don't treat the paying customer like that. The painful ordering process resulted in absolute garbage food which wasn't even cooked to order. What the menu and specials boasted and what was received were clearly two different things. Price point is way too high for this food too!! And the air was thick with cooking smells and light smoke, where's the venting?? My recommendation for this sad little cafe: save your money and time. Go next door or down the road. We definitely wll not be back.

• Visited March 2014