Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B
Hotel V(Gatineau)
Motel Montcalm(Gatineau)
Motel Ritz(Gatineau)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate bathroomwarm hospitalitybed and breakfastnext morninggreat canadianbreakfast was deliciousplace to staycozy roomnordik spaspent nightsa great staydawnsebsleepburnsidebungeebnb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Dawn went out of her way to make my stay as pleasant and stress-free as it could be. I was taking a quite demanding course in Wakefield and needed a place where I could relax and wind down. Dawn made reservations for me at local restaurants and accommodated my dietary requirements for breakfast, even baking a loaf of bread to my specifications! Dawn and her family are very welcoming and charming and they make Mon Petit Chum truly a home away from home.

Room Tip: 'Burnside' is a suite that gives you not only bed and bath but a small sitting room with a fridge - very useful for a variety of purposes.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

I am so happy that you passed your course! Yeah! It was our pleasure to host you and accommodate your special diet! I was sad when you left as I really enjoyed our chats over breakfast! We look forward for your return to do some bird watching in the Gatineau Park!
Your new friends in Wakefield, Dawn & Seb & our little artist Veronica xx

Reviewed March 26, 2014

What an absolutely delightful little hamlet is Wakefield Quebec, with the star attraction being Dawn and Sebastien's "Auberge de Mon Petit Chum". When we arrived after driving in an unpleasant snow storm, Dawn and Sebastien's warm greetings melted away the stress and Dawn guided us to a range of possibilities of where to eat, all within walking distance! There is no doubt of where we will be staying on our next trip to the Black Sheep for music; Dawns delightful gourmet breakfast sealed the deal ! A Bientot "mon petit chum"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

First of all we were so glad you arrived safe and sound after driving in this crazy long Winter! I just finished shovelling yet again! Come on Spring, please! We are happy that you were able to exeprience great food & great music with the Sheep & Sleep Pacakage at The Black Sheep Inn! We look forward to seeing you again without the snow! Your new friends in Wakefield, Dawn, Seb & Veronica

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The owner Dawn is very helpful in giving tips. She knows about every activities in the town. 1 minute from our room, I went snowshoeing. At night, we walked back from the Blacksheep Inn. The scenery is fantastic and the B & B is super well located. Breakfast was original with cozy atmosphere. For sure, we are planning to return for 3-4 days.

Room Tip: We had the "traveling room", but the bed was too low for my colleague. Next time, we get the Burnside room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your nice review. Yes the queen bed in the Fantasy Suite is low. I made it like that to create that boheimeian look! I am planning on raising the bed this Summer. It can be hard for seniors or people with bad knees to get out of bed. The other two rooms do have the raised (normal standard) beds. We look forward to having you stay with us longer so you can enjoy even more our great area has to offer this Summer!
See you soon! Your new friend, Dawn.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a most lovely time in Wakefield with Dawn and her husband Sebastien. Their B&B is gorgeous and full of character. Expect a hug when you first meet Dawn! A great experience and was finished with the most delicious breakfast that was actually served to us IN BED! We will be back! Thanks again for making our time in Wakefield memorable and comfortable just like home is!

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic-we were given a tour.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Yeah! It was my pleasure to serve you breakfast in bed! Glad you had an awesome time in Wakefield! It was great to meet you both. My husband & I enjoyed chatting with you guys!
See you again soon! Your new friends, Dawn & Seb!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The owner Dawn is just so sweet and the room was beautiful and charming. The breakfast, !! Miam miam miam!! Very well located too, this place is fantastic!! We first go there for a nice show at the Blacksheep Inn, but we certainly return... I hope soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
OwnerMonPetitChum, Owner at Auberge de Mon Petit Chum B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We are so glad you had a wonderful time in our village and caught a great show at The Blacksheep Inn! One night is not enough! Come & stay longer next time! We have so much things to see & do in the area all year round! Hope you had a safe drive back to Quebec City!
Hope to see you again soon! Merci, Dawn