“Wonderful Place to Stay - Peaceful and best of all no kids!”
Review of Les Trois Erables

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wakefield
Les Trois Erables
Ranked #1 of 4 Wakefield B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am a Mother of 2 young children and I travelled to Wakefield this past weekend and stayed at Les Trois Erables. This outing was my first time leaving the kids at home and I just have to say that Shana Hedges, owner of the B&B, was the ultimate host! Not only did she provide a breakfast that surpassed some of the best places found in Montreal but the beauty of her home and the peaceful environment of the Bed and Breakfast brought a sence of serenity to my tired mind and body.

Shana's knowledge of the surrounding businesses provided the resources to be able to enjoy Wakefield without the guess work normally involved when travelling to an unfamilar area. From the nearby restaurants to things to do and wear to shop Shana had all the answers!

I highly recommend staying at Les Trois Erables in Wakefield to anyone! Go for the tourisim, the food, the shopping or just for some quite time. The place is romantic, peaceful and over all just wonderful!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: I highly recommend either the Geggie or the Gatineau Rooms. They are very different depending on wh...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheryl W
lestroiserables, Owner at Les Trois Erables, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to find the relaxation you needed away from your busy home life. We welcome you to stay with us again the next time you need that little getaway, or even enjoy the excitement the village has to offer. Maybe take in a show at the Blacksheep, or have your friends join you for a Girl's Getaway Weekend! Whatever you choose, we look forward to seeing you again!

Your hosts,
Shana & Bruce

Reviewed January 20, 2013

It was my first time in Wakefield, what a beautiful place! This gorgeous B&B is located right by the water. You can't miss it driving up. the host is absolutely wonderful. She has a lot of information about the area. The rooms are all unique and special in their own way. We stayed in a room with a king size bed, fireplace and newly renovated bathroom. It feels like home, while still keeping a chic atmosphere. Some of the rooms compare to a high end hotel feel, and others like a charming cottage up north. The B&B is very clean and modern..extremely charming. The breakfast is amazing, delicious and fresh! Every course is home-cooked with lots of love. Shana is an amazing hot and amazing chef as well! I recommend this B&B with my eyes closed. It is perfect for a romantic getaway, a girls getaway with friends or even a solo stay! I loved Les Trois Erables and I will definitely be back!

2  Thank HKJ420
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to Trois Erables while attending a wedding in town. It's quiet, beautiful with antique-looking furniture, and feels freshly renovated. Our bathroom had one of those awesome tubs with feet and the place was spotlessly clean. We were able to use the wi-fi internet without any problems. I was not a "bed and breakfast person" at all before this, but I think I've been converted. The hosts here are friendly and helpful, without being intrusive. It's a fine line and they do it so well! We had a great breakfast in three courses, including really good coffee (a must) and fresh orange juice. The house was easy to find, had parking right beside it, and was walking distance from the Black Sheep and other restaurants/shops. Would definitely go back again.

1  Thank WDL155032
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a night at this BnB and we really honestly don't think we could have had a better experience!! The owner is SO lovely and accomodating! Our room was pristine and we took advantage of our own fireplace and newly renovated bathroom. It was nice not having a lot of technology in the room. The BnB is perfectly situated in the town; walking distance to everything. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven with the breakfast that was served! Great sleep and overall wonderful atmosphere!

Room Tip: The Gatineau (room #5) just recently had its bathroom renovated and it includes a fireplace and priv...
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This review is lonnnnnnng overdue. My husband and I were married this past September at Le Belvedere in Wakefield and were planning on making a weekend out of it for the wedding party. The Friday evening before the wedding, my bridesmaids and I poured into Les Trois Erables and were treated like family from the moment we stepped foot in the door. Shanna was a phenomenal hostess. She gave us our space, while at the same time, was only ever a knock away if we needed anything. She seemed just as excited to have us there, as we were to be there. With nerves flying high, she stepped up to the plate to ensure my wedding weekend experience ran smoothly and calmly. She even offered to lend one of my bridesmaids her car when she learned something had been forgotten back in Ottawa. Although the B&B itself was was dated, the atmosphere was warm, inviting and charming, just as any traditional B&B should be. She prepared a delicious breakfast for us the next morning and we got a special visit from her permanent house guests :) Shanna happened to catch me during my one short period of alone time that morning and allowed me to enjoy my final moments as a single gal, with a giant chocolate brownie with a hefty dollop of whipped cream to boot. The weekend was unforgettable and the amazing photographs my wedding photographer captured were only enhanced by the character of our surroundings. I would recommend this B&B in a heart beat. My bridesmaids and I truly had such an unforgettable time that we have discussed going back annually for a girls weekend getaway. Maybe it was Shanna, maybe it was the brownies, maybe it was the charm of Les Trois Erables itself, or maybe it was simply a perfect combination of all three.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It was our first wedding anniversary and my husband decided to take me away to Wakefield to celebrate our first year of marriage! He had originally booked the Wakefield Mill (as a surprise), but when he told me it would cost between $400-$600 a night, I thought that was ridiculous, especially since we only wanted to stay 1 night! We then looked at other hotels and B&B's in the area, and we came across "Les Trois Erables". We are SO glad we did! The location is fantastic, as well as the price and the look of the rooms. I myself love the older Victorian style houses, and when I saw the pictures of this B&B online, I absolutely told my husband we had to stay here. I read everyone else's reviews on this place, and it definitely convinced us to stay here for our anniversary!

We arrived early, and Shana was there ready to greet us! She explained about the rooms and showed us where things were, and then personally showed us to our room. She was the perfect hostess, as she was helpful, but not overbearing and was there when needed. We stayed in the "Moses Edey" room, which was on the second floor and it was very cute and cozy. I picked the room as it had a clawfoot tub, and it was great for me to take a bath and relax. Other rooms do have stand-up showers, but since I don't have a usable tub at my home, I wanted to use the tub to relax in!

We spent the first half of the evening in the living room playing trivial pursuit, by the fireplace. The B&B provides a whole bunch of board games, such as monopoly, clue, trivial pursuit...etc. which was a great way for us to pass time, as we had booked a dinner reservation and were waiting until we needed to leave (we ate at "The Villiage House", which I totally recommend)! As we were playing games, Shana and Bruce had opened a bottle of champagne, and she offered my husband and I a glass. It was such a kind gesture, and was totally unexpected, but it does make the stay and experience extra nice to have gestures like that!

Breakfast was served at 8:30 am, and it was delicious! My husband keeps going on and on about how good the omelettes were! The dining room was a relaxing place to eat, where you get to look out the window at the gardens, with the sun shining in!

It's too bad we only got to stay one night, but it was a great, relaxing mini-vacation for us to celebrate our anniversary! We are both glad we stayed at "Les Trois Erables", especially for the relaxing and beautiful environment, price, personal service and kind and friendly owners...we definitely feel this is the best choice in Wakefield!

We are definitely looking forward to visiting again again in the summer!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kalola_s
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I had and excellent visit to Les Trois Erables in mid October. Shana and Bruce are excellent hosts of the B&B which is very-well situated in the village of Wakefield. We stayed in the Edey room on the middle floor. Very clean and welcoming. We were both very surprised at how quiet it was in the room, given that it is a B&B. The hosts are knowledgable of the area and the sites and interests to take in. The breakfast we had on Sunday morning was fresh and fabulous. Shana is very attentive to people's food allergies. I am gluten intolerant myself and every effort was made for me to have a delicious alternative to the regular meal being served. We will definitely go back soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a special uniqueness to them - query the hostess as to what you are looking for a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank H C
lestroiserables, Owner at Les Trois Erables, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you! We loved having you here and look forward to your next stay with us and we'll make sure to reserve the Gatineau Room for you. On a cold winter evening, the fireplace in the room will make your romantic stay with us perfect!

Until next time,

Your hosts
Shana & Bruce
Les Trois Erables

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wakefield
Moulin Wakefield Mill Hotel & Spa
Belle De Nuit Wakefield Inn
Ecologe
Ecologe
#2 of 3 in Cantley

Been to Les Trois Erables? Share your experiences!