“Great view and homestyle comfort foods”

Chamberlin's Lookout Bistro & Boutique
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Healthy, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Heathly Home Cooked meals in a tranquil setting, overlooking the Gatineau River.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped by here for lunch because we heard the scenery was great, and we were not let down. We sat outside on the balcony and had a great view of the hillsides and lake. The food was very good, reminding me of classic comfort foods from home. I had the club sandwich and my boyfriend had the tourtiere. The restaurant uses food items locally made and grown (such as bread, cheese, and honey). I would recommend this place for a nice scenic lunch.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stopped here for lunch. A small, homey place, lovely view over the river. All the food is home made. My sister had the Cajun slow stewed pork (hmmm) and I had the tourtiere. A Caesar was added instead of the regular salad for a small extra. The food was solid, good taste. A real gem this unpretentious but ever so pleasant place. With coffee and tea we spent a little over 20 dollars ex. tax.

1  Thank MomandKiki
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Went for a quick lunch with my wife and kids and was delighted with the terrific view. The food was very good, and the service excellent. The only downside is that it's not open for dinner, otherwise we'd be stopping off on the way back from the beach!

1  Thank ColonelFlagg
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is as good as breakfast gets! I have twice visited Wakefield. The first time I asked a nice lady in the General Store where I might find breakfast, as it was early on a Sunday maorning, and she replied "upstairs." I was quickly sat down and immediately had a coffee set in front of me by a polite, charming and efficient waitress. Breakfast was perfect. The view over the water was magnificent and the design of the eating area was remarkable, very refreshing in a world of prefab restaurants.
Chamberlain's Lookout is now a fixture, every time I visit Wakefield. I could not recommend it more highly.

1  Thank bkanick
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Don't miss this hidden gem when visiting Wakefield' Quebec. It is situated above the well stocked Wakefield general store. Chamberlain's lookout is a firm favourite with the local residents and day trippers, especially when the steam train between Hull and Wakefield is in operation.
It serves freshly cooked food to order and the pancakes with maple syrup come highly recommended! It has an extensive breakfast and lunch time menu.The outside seating terrace affords magnificent views of the beautiful Gatineau river and the surrounding countryside. There is also an inside play area for children and a small gift shop selling local crafts. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Hopi