“Sad experience but good food”

Wonnemeyer Weststrandhalle
Ranked #13 of 20 Restaurants in List
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Austrian border is in the far south of Germany, and List on the island of Sylt is in the far north. What the two have in common is Austrian cuisine. In the far north you can try it at the Weststrandhalle, which is a seaside hotel. You can of course also find local specialities from this North Sea island on the menu, but you can also feast on dishes like Kaiserschmarrn (Emperor's trifle) and Fritatensuppe (pancake soup) - which are rare in these parts. The Weststrandhalle has an easygoing atmosphere and the prices are reasonable. The rooms in this wooden house are bright and airy. If you would like to sit a little nearer to the List dunes why not try the large terrace. It can seat 120 guests and has some great views.
“Sad experience but good food”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Today we have been at the restaurant and I wanted to ask if I could stay in a specific table. Unfortunately I did not express myself well in English (I am Italian, not speaking German) and the waiter was very rude with me. I had the perception of being mocked because he begun to speak and laugh with other waiters. I felt myself humiliated. This has degraded a lunch of good quality. The woman serving us later was absolutely gentle.