“Nice evening in a nice restaurant ”

Landgasthaus Meeresblick
Ranked #7 of 21 Restaurants in Wenningstedt
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Restaurant is very close to the beach and has a nice outside sitting area. Due to weather conditions we had dinner inside. Staff was Frisian friendly, the restaurant was very nice decorated. Choice of menu is broad and being on Sylt close to the sea prices were on Sylt level.
We went with the Choices of the day, lamm Roulade and steak ( was almost well done instead of medium). Salad was oke but as you can see on the photo a bit lumpy
Had a nice evening here but with a little bit more attention to presentation of the food it would be much better than a 3 ooo

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed August 22, 2015

Nice decoration and terrace but simple pasta with expensive glass of wine. Cold welcome from a tall bavarian waitress that has forgotten to smile.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We sat in a strandkorb overlooking a huge sunset. The food was good; as you'd expect here, mainly fish, fresh and well cooked. The waiter was welcoming, but there were often long gaps when you wondered if they'd forgotten you were there in your shelter. But it shouldn't put people off; by island cost standards, this is a good value restaurant in a great place.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been twice there in the last week and the food was generally good and also presented in a great manner. The service is the problem as waiters are neither friendly nor the fastest. Especially when the restaurant is full dont go in as you just wait very long for everything.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was on a bike tour of Sild with colleagues and we visited this delightful beautiful beach area of the island. After enjoying the beach I noticed a nice-looking place and went in to have a dark beer - or rather, I sat down at the covered terrace with outdoor heat lamps, which was nice.

As I ordered the beer I mentioned I'd like to pay right away with a credit card - because I didn't have that long time to stay before having to cycle on with my colleagues.

The waitress said "Nur ab €25 auf die Karte" - which I didn't pay attention to at the time - which is of course my own fault.

So when I wanted to pay I had to discuss first with the initial waitress and then she talked to another waiter who then spoke to me and after several minutes I managed to get them to agree to give me Euro cash back on my credit card payment.

I don't know if this is a "German thing" or this particular place was particularly difficult but I'm used to be able to pay with credit card without any hassles. Had the staff been pragmatic they would have simply asked for a transaction fee to cover their costs instead of insisting I order for €25 and walk away with a bad customer experience - having the impression the staff was half-way arrogant.

Having said all that - the dark beer was excellent (I forget the name).

I'll probably avoid this place if visiting Sild again - and that might happen because the beach is beautiful. Not because the food is bad - I don't know but because I felt unwelcome as a guest.

Date of visit: May 2013