Fuchun Resort
  • Pool
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviewsswimming poolchinese architectureinterior designspaluxuryshanghaicaddiesfacilitieslakechinajinloungebambooenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fuchun Resort was the first boutique hotel I ever stayed in, and it was as good as I could imagine. Its room clean and comfortable, the food delicious with pleasant presentation style, and service thoughtful, all are nice basics that one would expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel. What really sets Fuchun Resort apart is its exclusive, serene and poetic ambience the moment you set foot in the resort...until you leave.

As suggested by its Chinese name 'Shan Ju' which means mountain residence, hills and lake are part of the resort. Sitting on the balcony of its lake-side restaurant and looking at the wood boat floating on the lake with hills and tea farms as background, you'd feel like it's a moving Chinese ink painting in front of you.

I stayed with my husband and some friends there for 2 days. We walked along bamboo paths, visited the villa on top of hill, breathed in fresh air and felt healthy. There's also a lake-side library which I liked. If you are a golf lover, you could try your hand there, an 18-hole golf links.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is just something special and I really don't want to give too much away in reviewing it.

From the minute you book the hotel, to arriving, to your spa reservation, to having dinner, to relaxing by the pool, to the night time yoga relaxation session, to the boat ride, to playing tennis, to having a relaxing drink by the fire this hotel offers it all and much much more. If you are worried that there is nothing to do during an extended stay please don't worry. The hotel offers allot of free activities that filled our 4 night stay up quite quickly. The menu offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner means you don' ever have to leave the hotel which is fantastic!

It is perfect! Just please please book it and you will not regret it.

The spa treatments are a little on the pricey side but absolutely mandatory. The hotels idea of a spa ritual is something remarkable and you come away feeling like a new person!

The hotel is located about 1 hour and 30 minutes from Hangzhou and the taxis usually charge between 200-300RMB.

A must book for anyone looking to escape their hectic work life in China. We will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: The Lake View rooms, although a little bit more expensive, are well worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We had the most wonderful stay in Fuchun.

The design and architecture are really stunning, We really loved the modern Chinese style, to me the indoor swimming pool might be one of the nicest one I have ever seen.

The views from the rooms and the restaurant are stunning and very relaxing, what a change from shanghai.

The service was also nice, as always in China, English was not 100% with all the staff, but it was good enough to get whatever we wanted. They where fast and efficient.

We could not try the golf course, (so many things to do !) but from what I could see it is world class.

There is nice 2 hours walk to do in the nearby valley, with a bamboo forest called huanggongwang forest park.

Also the nearby city of fuyang is an interesting view into the atmosphere of a small town.

I really recommend this hotel to those who want to get out of Shanghai cities and relax in luxury !

Room Tip: If you can afford a room with a view on the lake it is a real plus...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jean d
Reviewed May 25, 2012

i recently stayed at this hotel and thought that I had lost my iphone. In fact I had left it in the safe in first suite, and realized that it was missing when we changed rooms.
The hotel staff and management did everything they could to help me find it and in the end took the initiative to re-search the first room; found the ipad and returned it to me.

They didn't stop there, the manager of the hotel then sat with me for 1 hour and helped me go on line and set up the ability lock the device remotely, set up the "find my ipad" function and more. He was absolutely amazing/ He definitely went above and beyond the call of duty.

The staff at the hotel are AMAZING!!! They bent over backward for me and others.

When in Hngzhou, this is THE place to stay - beautiful, elegant, centrally located and staff who eat, breathe and live the highest standard of customer service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2012

A Beautiful, peaceful Place to relax, calm down and enjoy whatever you feel like!

I really love to go there again - with more time on my hands!

Beautifully situated and designed.

Staff is all friendly and helpful - english can sometimes be difficult.

Just 3,5 hrs out of Shanghai - beautiful Golf Course.

The Spa/ Pool Area is one of the nicest I have seen yet - it's almost a Temple!

Food is lovely - views from the Terrace are a Dream.

Breakfast is a' la carte.

I will def. go there again.

Room Tip: Bring your Spa Gear :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business