“Art and dining”

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Humlebaek
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art collection focuses on contemporary works from 1945 to the present. Works by Pablo Picasso, Jean Dubuffet and Louise Bourgeois are part of the permanent exhibition at this white villa named Louise, after the first (and second and third) wife of the man who commissioned the building.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We visited the gallery which was very interesting, with temporary exhibition area. There is a large shop which offers a good selection of books, souvenirs, and gifts. The restaurant was very busy, and it was self service, but orders were courteously taken and promptly executed. The choice was good, we settled for a roast beef roll and drinks, moderately priced.
There was a walk around sculptures outside which had views to the sea. It was raining on our visit, but there is outside seating when the weather is good, and nice views.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have visited many museums around the world for both work and pleasure and this is one of the best I have ever been to! I can't say enough great things about the collection, architecture, and design. It's so phenomenal that I wish I had had enough time to visit it twice during my trip. As an added bonus, the food at the cafe is absolutely exquisite! It takes about 45 min-1 hour to get there from Copenhagen Central Station but it's well worth your time (and the train ride is very pretty as well).

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been here before and liked it, this time also not disappointed. We especially enjoyed the exhibitions of self portraits going on this period. The shop have a lot of nice things to buy. We did not have time to test the cefeteria, but the area iaround the museum s nice. The travel from Copenhagen where we stayed is long when you are on a weekend trip to Copenhagen we think, about 35 minutes with train, then 10 minutes walk, but relaxing.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Interesting, charming, modern, and always not enough of time to see all of it :) Strongly recommend! And a cup of coffe in the museum restaurant is just a MUST!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have since my early childhood visited Louisina Museum in the northern part of Seeland near Copenhagen.
I've seen the worlds greatest painters in the beautiful surroundings. You can see Sweden, You can enjoy the waterfront and the art placed in the huge garden. Even children can have at great time in their special part of the museum.
The way they present the art is most becoming for any piece of art. Monet, Picasso, David Hockney, You just name them...the've been shown and enjoyed...but on the other hand, what is not beautiful when a museum is placed high above the water and the clear light is steaming though every window? Even my husband enjoys to visit Louisiana Museum - and that is something!