We stayed for two nights at La Coquillade during a five day stay in Provence. (Unfortunatly we elected to stay at Les Borries for two of the five nights which was much a disappointment) . The site is entrancing. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming and the facilities are first rate all the way. Our room had its own patio. We had a suite with a living room, outdoor area and spacious bathroom. The two meals that we had at the restaurant were superb. The owner came over to see how we were doing. The maitre'd was so charming. The first night we had an amazing dinner ....after a starter of an amazing beet and salmon offering from the kitchen we had as our first course an assortment of three appetizers including fois gras, followed by a delectable guinea hen in a salt crust and then cheese and dessert.. For 57 E it was a tremendous meal... The second might we expected that the restaurant might not live up to our expectations. We were not disappointed.We sat on the patio overlooking the Provence landscape. We had two warm evenings to enjoy the landscape and the food. (The dining room is beautiful so if we had been i not think we would have been disappointed) But of you go please try to be there on a Wednesday morning for the wine tour. Although we feared we might get rain the day the tour was scheduled we were lucky. We gathered at the meeting spot to meet Pierre. It was a story book tour. We love wine and grow grapes so we have been on many many wine tours in California, New Zealand, Argentina etc... This far surpassed any of those. For two hours we walked the property, exploring the hills and the vines with someone who was as enthusiastic as a child in a candy store. Pierre alternated between French and English easily.. We ended up at the winery which is on the site tasting the wines. We explored the vines but also the countryside. This aspect also distinguished this site. There are many walks and bicycle rides which you can do in the Luberon. Unlike any other hotel we have stayed at in provence we were presented with a walking map as we checked in . Next time I will bring my sneakers.
There is no doubt that we will return to this hotel and restaurant. Our only hope is that it maintains the same spirit and welcome as we experienced....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coquillade Village, Hotel Relais & Chateaux, Gastronomy, Spa, Vineyard, Cycling. Situated in the Natural Park of the Luberon in Provence, near Gordes and Roussillon, our domain will offer you a unique experience. Exceptional rooms and suites, 3 restaurants (Gourmet, Bistrot and Ristorante), a luxury 1500 m2 Coquillade Spa, wine-tourism activities, and a unique BMC cycling center. For an unforgettable stay and total bliss... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotwire, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Coquillade Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Coquillade - Demeure De Prestige Hotel Gargas
- Coquillade Village Gargas, France